Entrapment Watch

Mtim0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a student and work part-time in a care home as a housekeeper.We have a lot of stuff go missing from both our residents and staff. Money and other valuables not to be specific. I myself have had money stolen.So we have this empty room at the home that was temporarily used as an office a few weeks ago. I was asked could I go in and give it a quick clean before the decorators come to sort the room out.So, I go in, gave the floor a hoover, threw this bit of paper I saw away and left the room. So it's now the end of my shift and the manager for the whole home comes and takes me to the office with our administrator sat there asking me what I did inside the room. I told them both I hoovered the floor and that was it.But then my manager starts asking me did I see anything weird, do anything weird? I say no. Then I was asked what about the paper I threw away. Not thinking anything of it I just said I threw it away. The manager goes into detail asking if she goes and looks in the rubbish sack will she find it etc etc. So I'm now waiting for the manager to come back with this rubbish bit of paper I've thrown away. She comes back into the room with this bit of rubbish paper that was hidden down the back of the wardrobe that had money hidden inside of it.They had tried to see if I would try and take the money from inside the paper but not really caring about looking inside the rubbish just threw it away.I've never stolen anything before and have handed in found money before at the same work place. Was this entrapment?
username3846620
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Refer to this please; http://www.chronicle.co.zw/trapping-...w-legal-is-it/
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Canterbury bloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think entrapment is the situation where you are induced to commit a crime you would not have committed otherwise. If you were a thief then you would have stolen the money. I don’t think it’s entrapment (the full definition needs a police officer to entrapmyou AFAIK) but it was a trap. Looks to me like you passed.
Maze Silva7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, i believe is more of a test, maybe you wasnt the only one that the situation occured to . Try and talk to them about n explain u have had money stolen as well so if they are trynna accuse u frame u of doing something calmly let them know and assure them u r not the one
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (194)
73.21%
Jeremy Hunt (71)
26.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed