Books to read over summer to prepare the syllabus?

Watch
Kellian
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone!

I wondered if the uni is giving a list of books to read before starting the year.
I've got an offer in MA History of Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations but I'm currently asking for a change of offers with the MA Ancient & Medieval History courses. Are there must-known authors/historians that we will have to read over the years, or some books that we can buy to study over the summer?
The uni website states that we should know the subjects of the lectures before walking in, does that mean I should study the whole year 1 syllabus over the summer?

Thanks in advance for your reponses ^^
SleepyCapybara
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kellian)
The uni website states that we should know the subjects of the lectures before walking in, does that mean I should study the whole year 1 syllabus over the summer?

Thanks in advance for your reponses ^^
No no no no no! It just means you should prepare for a lecture before you walk in......once lectures start (i.e. after you start in September). You won't even get access to teaching material until much nearer the time.

Chill out. Enjoy your summer. There will be plenty time for learning the subject when you join the university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.28%
No (411)
66.72%

Watched Threads