The Student Room Group

University choices

On results day if I meet the conditions of both my firm and insurance choices, is it possible for me to decline my firm choice and accept my insurance choice?

If so, how?

Thanks ppl
Original post by samronan9
On results day if I meet the conditions of both my firm and insurance choices, is it possible for me to decline my firm choice and accept my insurance choice?

If so, how?

Thanks ppl

no once the conditions for your firm is met your insurance is released. Ucas and the universities are advised of your grades before results day. The only way you could do this is to ask your firm to reease you and hope to get into your insurance through clearance if the course is available
Original post by samronan9

If so, how?

Thanks ppl

First ring your insurance and explain. They need to be willing to accept you through clearing. Then ring your firm and ask them to release you into clearing. Then ring your insurance back and give them your clearing number.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
no once the conditions for your firm is met your insurance is released. Ucas and the universities are advised of your grades before results day. The only way you could do this is to ask your firm to reease you and hope to get into your insurance through clearance if the course is available

Thank you
Reply 4
[QUOTE="alleycat393;76817192"]First ring your insurance and explain. They need to be willing to accept you through clearing. Then ring your firm and ask them to release you into clearing. Then ring your insurance back and give them your clearing number.[/QUOTE
Original post by alleycat393
First ring your insurance and explain. They need to be willing to accept you through clearing. Then ring your firm and ask them to release you into clearing. Then ring your insurance back and give them your clearing number.

Thank you
[QUOTE="samronan9;76817276"]
Original post by alleycat393
First ring your insurance and explain. They need to be willing to accept you through clearing. Then ring your firm and ask them to release you into clearing. Then ring your insurance back and give them your clearing number.[/QUOTE

Thank you

Perhaps it might help to explain what actually happens.

Ucas get the results early and if you have met the conditions of your offer advise your firm choice and release your insurance. If you do not meet your offer grades your firm has a decision to make. They can accept you with lower grades or reject you. If you are rejected they then contact your insurance who will act as above.

Very often your firm or insurance will accept you even if you do not get the grades. This will depend on the numbers who meet their grades and whether the university feels it can get better candidates through clearance or adjustment.

If your firm accepts you on lower grades then you go to that university not your insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending