My boyfriend is occasionally doing cocaine and I don't know what to do

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my boyfriend (of 4 years) went to a rave for new years eve and had took coke (bare in mind he never took drugs and was extremely against it).. I never knew but had my suspicions, 2 months down the line I went through his phone (which is unacceptable and wrong I know) to find him messaging someone for coke.. I immediately confronted him, we had a few days break talk things through I said that drugs is a BIG NO and he has broken trust. He was going to away for that weekend then(This is feburary).
This week I found messages of him texting his "friends" for some coke which I confronted him again and he told me all the times he took it including the time he went away... I honestly don't know what to do because he totally went against my feelings and done it knowing it would hurt our relationship.. I really need advice please!!
showaeski
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
It's not unusual or wrong for him to want to experiment. I'm also not surprised he wasn't keen on telling you if you're this possessive and controlling. Stop looking at his messages, it's you that is hurting the relationship. He doesn't have to tell you every detail of his life.
aaabattery
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Geez.. give the guy a break. What are you, his mother?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my boyfriend (of 4 years) went to a rave for new years eve and had took coke (bare in mind he never took drugs and was extremely against it).. I never knew but had my suspicions, 2 months down the line I went through his phone (which is unacceptable and wrong I know) to find him messaging someone for coke.. I immediately confronted him, we had a few days break talk things through I said that drugs is a BIG NO and he has broken trust. He was going to away for that weekend then(This is feburary).
This week I found messages of him texting his "friends" for some coke which I confronted him again and he told me all the times he took it including the time he went away... I honestly don't know what to do because he totally went against my feelings and done it knowing it would hurt our relationship.. I really need advice please!!
I personally would break up with him. Drugs, especially ones like cocaine, is a big deal breaker for me.
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like he's becoming an addict. You should at least threaten to end it if he doesn't stop - at least then you'll also save his health as well as your relationship.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
leave him be.

By the way did you not break his trust the moment you went through his phone?
Anonymous #1
The thing is I've never been like this until I found out, I'm normally a easy going person, It's just drugs were always a no for both of us. QUOTE=showaeski;76820576]It's not unusual or wrong for him to want to experiment. I'm also not surprised he wasn't keen on telling you if you're this possessive and controlling. Stop looking at his messages, it's you that is hurting the relationship. He doesn't have to tell you every detail of his life.[/QUOTE]
Anonymous #1
To make things clear I am not possessive or controlling he is free to do what he wants, our relationship was very healthy until drugs became a problem , drugs have always been a no to the both of us. When I found out I give him the opportunity to be single and do that stuff if it pleases him- he's been my bestfriend before my bf and i would try to respect and understand his decision because we do love each other.
I done what i done cause I was feeling insecure about not knowing the truth I know i was doing wrong there is no excuses..we have both distrusted each other and are both willing to work things out. QUOTE=Anonymous;76818182]So my boyfriend (of 4 years) went to a rave for new years eve and had took coke (bare in mind he never took drugs and was extremely against it).. I never knew but had my suspicions, 2 months down the line I went through his phone (which is unacceptable and wrong I know) to find him messaging someone for coke.. I immediately confronted him, we had a few days break talk things through I said that drugs is a BIG NO and he has broken trust. He was going to away for that weekend then(This is feburary).
This week I found messages of him texting his "friends" for some coke which I confronted him again and he told me all the times he took it including the time he went away... I honestly don't know what to do because he totally went against my feelings and done it knowing it would hurt our relationship.. I really need advice please!![/QUOTE]
shoethetabs
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The guys telling you to leave him be are being unfair. Yes, it was wrong of you to go behind his back and check his messages, but now that you have found that he is engaging in illegality despite your express request that he doesn't, you should tell him that you'll leave him if he doesn't stop completely, and leave him if he refuses. Yes, you should leave him be for most of his personal habits, but class A drugs are hardly a small quirk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
42.44%
The paper was reasonable (221)
42.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.3%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
5.43%

Watched Threads