The Student Room Group

Scottish university, leaving at third year for retail management?

Hi all,

I just need advice from everyone.

I am doing quite good on my undergraduate course and I am interested in studying further as well like studying.

However, recently my manager at my part time retail job approached me it’s a big retailer (can’t name) that if I want to leave with an ordinary degree and join their trainee management scheme, they would be happy to take me on. Salary starts at 26k and goes up after 2 years.

I know that it is not an ideal job but I do not think of any job as bad that pays bills. I also know the very hard conditions in graduate job market, even with honours. So, I do not want to be thankless to an opportunity.

I have considered some options since I want to think in long-run:

1. Accept it and continue honours years part-time? Will this be possible with 40 hours of work pw?

2. Do not accept it as it can be perused later on as well, if I have the potential. Since, ordinary degree is worthless?

3. Retail management experience is not too applicable out of retail?

4. I might not be accepted into honours years after a couple of years even with average percentage of 65% and above, if delay it?

I am really confused.
I thank everyone in advance.
Reply 1
Many students work full time and study part-time. I would consider the first option and try to be flexible. For example, working in the weekend if possible to save one or two days free during the week for the Uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Wigan
Many students work full time and study part-time. I would consider the first option and try to be flexible. For example, working in the weekend if possible to save one or two days free during the week for the Uni.

Many thanks for the help. Much appreciated. :smile:

I, however, felt that i am not persoanlly ready for more workload and therfore, is keeping the job part-time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending