The Student Room Group

Promotion within ATC

Hi, My now 16 year old has been in the ATC for 3 years. Last year she applied for promotion and was turned down for interview as she did not meet the criteria so has worked hard over the last year to meet the stipulated promotion criteria. This year she applied again and was given an interview, however, an adult staff member gave 2 new recruits an application form and told them that he "would bend the rules" for these 2 cadets. The new recruits were given interviews and 1 over them was promoted whilst my daughter was passed over. The feedback my daughter was given was that she couldn't sell herself very well (my daughter holds down a part-time job, which she interviewed for, and a full time college place, again she interviewed for.

Over the last year my daughter has put up with the hypocrisy of being picked up on parade for having dyed hair and earrings in by a cadet sgt who has dyed hair and numerous facial piercings. She has been told she is not allowed to accept lifts home by adult officers despite other cadets receiving. Now this manipulation of the rules to promote a child that they want to promote over others who have served their time and worked hard.

Needless to say my daughter has walked out and will not return to a place that teaches hypocrisy and manipulation as acceptable life skills.
Moved to Armed Forces
Reply 2
Ok. So?

What's the question / query, or are you just having a moan?

Original post by Arlaig
xxx

Quick Reply

Latest