The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there! Process is coming along nicely, just trying to pin down what grade requirements each university needs for graduate applicants. Surrey and Bristol are the only one's I've not heard back from yet! Where are you looking to apply and what degree have you done previously?
Reply 2
Original post by ewecrazy?
Hi there! Process is coming along nicely, just trying to pin down what grade requirements each university needs for graduate applicants. Surrey and Bristol are the only one's I've not heard back from yet! Where are you looking to apply and what degree have you done previously?

Ah thats good! I am looking to apply to RVC and Surrey as I don't have the best A levels and they don't look at A levels. I am in my second year of Animal Biology. What about you?
Original post by LivHoworth
Ah thats good! I am looking to apply to RVC and Surrey as I don't have the best A levels and they don't look at A levels. I am in my second year of Animal Biology. What about you?

I’m applying to those two too (plus Liverpool hopefully)! Where are you doing that? I’m on Animal Science
Reply 4
I’m applying to those two too (plus Liverpool hopefully)! Where are you doing that? I’m on Animal Science

That's cool! I would love to apply to liverpool as I live in Manchester so could live at home but they want Alevels too :frown:. I'm at Uni of Gloucestershire.
That's cool! I would love to apply to liverpool as I live in Manchester so could live at home but they want Alevels too :frown:. I'm at Uni of Gloucestershire.

Maybe have a look at Bristol's new 4 year accelerated programme for graduates. They have no A-level requirements but you will need to check that your degree has covered enough for you to qualify for it. Just give them an email with your module breakdowns and they should get back to you about it.
Reply 6
Maybe have a look at Bristol's new 4 year accelerated programme for graduates. They have no A-level requirements but you will need to check that your degree has covered enough for you to qualify for it. Just give them an email with your module breakdowns and they should get back to you about it.

I had no idea they had launched a accelerated pogramme! Thank you for the advice!
I had no idea they had launched a accelerated pogramme! Thank you for the advice!

They don't until 2019, they only announced they were starting it up earlier this year!
Reply 8
They don't until 2019, they only announced they were starting it up earlier this year!

Oh right thats great! Do you know if the tuition fees are the same as it doesn't seem to say on the website?
Oh right thats great! Do you know if the tuition fees are the same as it doesn't seem to say on the website?

I assume they’re the same, I know to do their 5 year it’s Β£9250 so I just assumed..
How come I missed this thread haha Hello everyone!

This is an absolute game changer for me. Top choice for sure (Sorry RVC!!).
Original post by Nessie162

Hey! What degree are you already doing??

Ooh interesting! I’ve still not seen any of them yet so haven’t made up my mind 100% yet! Why Bristol over RVC?? I’ve heard great things about both
Ooh interesting! I’ve still not seen any of them yet so haven’t made up my mind 100% yet! Why Bristol over RVC?? I’ve heard great things about both

I had an interview at RVC in December and I absolutely loved the place, however I'm not sure I can afford to live in London. The maintenance loan I would get would not even cover the accommodation costs, not to mention food and other stuff.
I had an interview at RVC in December and I absolutely loved the place, however I'm not sure I can afford to live in London. The maintenance loan I would get would not even cover the accommodation costs, not to mention food and other stuff.

Ah right! Was that for graduate entry too?? What degree have you already done??
Reply 14

Hey! It's a game changer for me too! 😁 What degree are you doing?
Hey! It's a game changer for me too! 😁 What degree are you doing?

Ah right! Was that for graduate entry too?? What degree have you already done??

Biochemistry, what about you guys?

I applied to RVC for both grad entry and the normal one. I was rejected from graduate entry and then I was offered an interview for the 5 year course.
I'm an RVC accelerated student so let me know if you guys have any questions about it! Good luck with your applications :smile:
Hello all :smile:

I'm a biovet graduate hoping to apply to Bristol, Surrey & RVC!

Have any of you had any luck finding any funding/sponsor help?
Reply 18
Original post by Wanna_be_vet
Hello all :smile:

I'm a biovet graduate hoping to apply to Bristol, Surrey & RVC!

Have any of you had any luck finding any funding/sponsor help?

Hey!

No not much luck at all really haha, still looking though! How about you?
Hey!

No not much luck at all really haha, still looking though! How about you?

No luck so far :frown: the only uni that seems to offer funding for gradute vet med is Cambridge!

Latest