The Student Room Group

Book Club - is it a good idea?

I would like to start a book club, but the problem is that I know it’s hard to get everyone to read the same book at the same time if that means lots of people having to go and buy a new book every month or however often it would be, when they probably have other books they want to read.

So - how about a book club where you read the books you want at your own pace, and then review them for everyone else? That way, people can get recommendations for books and still read the books they want with no pressure to finish them quickly. Just show if you’re interested down below and when I’ve got a few people, I’ll add you to a new thread and we can discuss books!

Also, if you have any ideas about how I could improve this idea, feel free to tell me.
Original post by Lucy-16
I would like to start a book club, but the problem is that I know it’s hard to get everyone to read the same book at the same time if that means lots of people having to go and buy a new book every month or however often it would be, when they probably have other books they want to read.

So - how about a book club where you read the books you want at your own pace, and then review them for everyone else? That way, people can get recommendations for books and still read the books they want with no pressure to finish them quickly. Just show if you’re interested down below and when I’ve got a few people, I’ll add you to a new thread and we can discuss books!

Also, if you have any ideas about how I could improve this idea, feel free to tell me.

It's a good idea, but we already have a book club on TSR. :p: Look out for the red-titled threads here in the Books forum. :yes: Feel free to do yours if you can come up with a name that won't get the two confused. :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll just see how things work out.
Reply 3
Going through the same issue here myself! I take ages to read sometimes because ''something always comes up'', I wanted to join a book club. Perhaps, take 2-3 weeks depending on the book for 4 weeks, if needed and meet up somewhere and discuss the book.
Original post by Lucy-01
x

I am for a book club in which readers reading their own books in their own pace and talking about it. Imaginable too: readers are tell something about the books they have read through.
Reply 5
Yes!!
Original post by Rasaa22
Yes!!

If that is an exclamation of your agreement. It is so nice to see that people still like it to read books so much.
Reply 7
It is, yes!!!!
Original post by Kallisto
If that is an exclamation of your agreement. It is so nice to see that people still like it to read books so much.

I guess books won't ever become over-rated or old. I would still prefer books over movies and TV series.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending