yazr2904
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so I'm doing an EPQ on cryptocurrencies titled; What Are Cryptocurrencies; Is It All a Bubble or The Future of Economics?

I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on what to talk about and what to include as that would be very helpful.
I've already talked about money laundering and how the anonymity of bitcoin and the likes allows for more criminal activity, I've also mentioned governmental crisis' and economic power at stake. Anything more will help. Thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Dont do an epq n things you arent interested in and havent done the research for.

You need to read and do some initial research to gather all that basic information.

be warned an EPQ should not just contain things i can read in a textbook. You need an essay title that shows you have researched, analysed issues and evaluated the situation. Its your original thought they want, so dont overdo the basic information. They dont want a textbook.
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
c
(Original post by yazr2904)
Hi, so I'm doing an EPQ on cryptocurrencies titled; What Are Cryptocurrencies; and what the implications they have on the current economy are and how they can potentially impact the future of economics.

I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on what to talk about and what to include as that would be very helpful. Thanks!
for an EPQ off youre better off having a question i.e how did cryptocurrencies affect the average person? or something like that
yusyus
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, so I'm doing an EPQ on cryptocurrencies titled; What Are Cryptocurrencies; and what the implications they have on the current economy are and how they can potentially impact the future of economics.

I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on what to talk about and what to include as that would be very helpful. Thanks!
or something like will cryptocurrencies have a long-term impact on economics etc... or are they sustainable or something
yazr2904
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Dont do an epq n things you arent interested in and havent done the research for.

You need to read and do some initial research to gather all that basic information.

be warned an EPQ should not just contain things i can read in a textbook. You need an essay title that shows you have researched, analysed issues and evaluated the situation. Its your original thought they want, so dont overdo the basic information. They dont want a textbook.
Yeah, I genuinely find cryptocurrencies, being someone who has invested in such mediums before. I reached a bit of a mind wall because I couldn't think of what more to write about. I made my title a more specific question; whether cryptocurrencies are a bubble.
yazr2904
Rep:
?
(Original post by yusyus)
c

for an EPQ off youre better off having a question i.e how did cryptocurrencies affect the average person? or something like that
Firstly, thank you.
Yeah, I realised it wasn't really a question so I changed it a little bit, I updated the thread post, take a look if you want and feel free to criticise.
yazr2904
Rep:
?
or something like will cryptocurrencies have a long-term impact on economics etc... or are they sustainable or something
Thank you for the ideas, the idea of sustainability is definitely one I'll discuss. Since my original post, I have updated the question, feel free to give any pointers and criticise, appreciated
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for the ideas, the idea of sustainability is definitely one I'll discuss. Since my original post, I have updated the question, feel free to give any pointers and criticise, appreciated
You have to be sure you have 5000 words worth. You are going along the right lines.
yusyus
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think its the right idea if you think you could write critically about it. Im not sure about the whole is it all a bubble bit but it might be fine ask your supervisor; I would have just put
what are cryptocurrencies and are they the future of economics
yazr2904
Rep:
?
I think its the right idea if you think you could write critically about it. Im not sure about the whole is it all a bubble bit but it might be fine ask your supervisor; I would have just put
what are cryptocurrencies and are they the future of economics
Yeah makes sense, I just wanted to help form an argument
yusyus
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah makes sense, I just wanted to help form an argument
I mean im not saying its a bad idea but im my EPQ I defined literally every word in my title in my introduction. Try asking your supervisor or maybe use a word like farse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (511)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (309)
20.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.55%

Watched Threads