The Student Room Group

EPQ - Questionnaire.

I'm doing my EPQ and I've created a questionnaire based on my topic - family law. If you could just answer some questions for me would really help. Also, if you could just add your age would also help, thank you.

Question 1: Do you think that there is a bias in divorce courts? If so why?
Question 2: do you know about mediation centres? (Answer question 3 if yes, if no move onto question 4)
Question 3: do you believe mediation centres are neutral in helping families come to an agreement over child custody?
Question 4: Why do you think children are a given to mothers in divorce proceedings?
Question 5: why do you think children are given to the father in divorce proceedings?
Question 6: who do you think should be awarded custody of the child and why?
Question 7: Do you think the option of joint custody is the best one when determining child custody?
Question 8: Are your parents divorced/ have they previously gone through a divorce?
Question 9: Are your parents not married but cohabiting?
Question 10: Are your parents married?
Question 11: Who is the main provider in the family?
Question 12: Does this affect who spends more time with the children?
Question 13: Who generally spend the most amount of time with the children? Why is this?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi!
Here are my answers (I'm 16 btw):

1: I think divorce courts are now pretty good at eliminating bias and coming to a fair judgement
2:Yes
3: Yes, mediation centres allow a calm environment for discussions over custody which makes them a neutral party during in the custody process
4: In many occasions it may be the mother doing most of the childcare including cooking and general day to day caring which may make it easier on the children if the mother has custody
5: The father may be the main source of childcare meaning it may be less distressing if the children are given to him.
6: Custody should be given to the parent that can try and provide the least amount of changes to the lifestyle before as well as the one who perhaps is in a better living circumstance after the divorce.
7: Joint custody is a good idea as long as both members are willing to play their part and not leave it all to one parent. I think it should be encouraged in order to try and help maintain relationships
8: My parents are not divorced
9: My parents are married and live together
10:My parents are married
11:My father is the main economic provider in our household
12: My father does work away a lot so we do see him less and he spends less time at home
13: I tend to see my mother much more as my father works away periodically, however there will be times were my father is at home more than my mother, but growing up it was my mother who spent more time with me (especially during the week)

Hope this helps!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Wirefox
Hi!
Here are my answers (I'm 16 btw):

1: I think divorce courts are now pretty good at eliminating bias and coming to a fair judgement
2:Yes
3: Yes, mediation centres allow a calm environment for discussions over custody which makes them a neutral party during in the custody process
4: In many occasions it may be the mother doing most of the childcare including cooking and general day to day caring which may make it easier on the children if the mother has custody
5: The father may be the main source of childcare meaning it may be less distressing if the children are given to him.
6: Custody should be given to the parent that can try and provide the least amount of changes to the lifestyle before as well as the one who perhaps is in a better living circumstance after the divorce.
7: Joint custody is a good idea as long as both members are willing to play their part and not leave it all to one parent. I think it should be encouraged in order to try and help maintain relationships
8: My parents are not divorced
9: My parents are married and live together
10:My parents are married
11:My father is the main economic provider in our household
12: My father does work away a lot so we do see him less and he spends less time at home
13: I tend to see my mother much more as my father works away periodically, however there will be times were my father is at home more than my mother, but growing up it was my mother who spent more time with me (especially during the week)

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending