The Student Room Group

Physics or psychology?

So for my A-levels next year, I’m stuck trying to choose between physics and psychology.

I want to study game design and lean more towards the artistic side of it rather than engineering, so I think psychology would be more beneficial to me, not to mention my backup plan is to study pyschology. I’m pretty good at this year and I have a ton of fun with it.

The problem is, I hear the A-level, unlike the GSCE, is largelly based on biology and I’ve been hearing everyone say it’s so much harder. I’m HORRIBLE at biology (and chemistry too, for that matter) so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off.

So now I’m stuck trying to choose between what I love, psychology, and what I’ll probably be good at, physics (my physics isn’t amazing, and I especially don’t do great with equations and numbers and stuff, but the more memorization based topics like radiation or energy, I’d say I’m pretty good at). Any advice for me?
Do psychology, it’s not that biology based and it’s essentially a strong gcse level. Especially if you want to do it potentially as a back up plan.

Physics is massively complicated at A-Level and you can’t just memorise it. You have to completely understand it and it’s a lot of equations and most people who do physics do maths as well. I think. You’d prefer psychology as the Biology is not that complicated, physics in my opinion is much harder.

Double check online for game design courses and if they want any alevels in particular.

Quick Reply

Latest