The Student Room Group

Fee Status

Hello! I was recently given an unconditional offer to a University in England. I am an EU-student from Sweden and in the details of my offer it reads;

This offer is based on you being assessed as a European Union student for fee purposes. Due to the strict cap on numbers we are able to admit to this course, if for any reason you fee status changes we may have to withdraw you offer.

Is this something I have to worry about? What does "fee status" mean?
Original post by Ankajohan
Hello! I was recently given an unconditional offer to a University in England. I am an EU-student from Sweden and in the details of my offer it reads;

This offer is based on you being assessed as a European Union student for fee purposes. Due to the strict cap on numbers we are able to admit to this course, if for any reason you fee status changes we may have to withdraw you offer.

Is this something I have to worry about? What does "fee status" mean?

Hi Ankajohan,

As an EU student you can apply to Student Finance England for a Tuition Fee Loan, which will be paid directly to the university on your behalf.

Here is a link to a useful video if applying as an EU student,

https://youtu.be/ofjYOcwPes8

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Ankajohan,

As an EU student you can apply to Student Finance England for a Tuition Fee Loan, which will be paid directly to the university on your behalf.

Here is a link to a useful video if applying as an EU student,

https://youtu.be/ofjYOcwPes8

Thanks Rona

Thank you for the quick reply! I just wonder about the "withdraw your offer" part of the quote. Why would my fee status possible change?
Original post by Ankajohan
Thank you for the quick reply! I just wonder about the "withdraw your offer" part of the quote. Why would my fee status possible change?

Hi Ankajohan,

You need to speak to the university, it would appear that they are looking for reassurance that the Tuition Fee will be paid to them through Student Finance England.

If you apply now, once your application is processed you can provide them with a copy of your Notification of Entitlement letter.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending