I haven't started any revision yet and I want to cry Watch

Randomstudwnt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't know how to motivate myself to do it and I'm stressing more about not doing it please tell me I'm not the only one and some tips please
mr_phys101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Randomstudwnt)
I don't know how to motivate myself to do it and I'm stressing more about not doing it please tell me I'm not the only one and some tips please
Find someone to study with, it really helps lol.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's your own fault tbh, you need to force yourself to change your mindset.
any distractions should be far away from you- phone, laptop if not needed.
have you revised for mocks?
Flitwick22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can relate with you about not been motivated but it is crucial that you are motivated at GCSE's as these results will determine your future, try to use this fact to motivate you.

I would definitely try to find a good way for YOU to revise in a way that will allow you to stay interested without getting distracted. Perhaps try using different methods and seeing which one works the best. Also try revising for 30 minutes at a time with a five minute break in between. I would also reccomend turning your phone off and putting it on the other side of the room.

I hope this was useful
A level student
theokitz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
delete all social media from ur phone as it will make it really annoying to check and soon you just won't bother redownloading them and logging in. Voila!!!! Distractions gone!!
Astudent21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Put your phone in a different room/give it to someone. Also try working in a different environment to where you relax if it's possible. It's not too late yet, you can do this!
indie.sxnds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You've got this!!! You'll look back in summer and be so glad you got the results you wanted, its not too late to get top grades, starting today is better than starting tomorrow
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use your stress as motivation. If you don't revise, you fail. If you fail, you don't get into sixth form / college / whatever you want to do. If you don't get to do that, then your career choices are limited. Limited choices means a crappy job. Crappy job means no nice house, family etc, holidays. No life satisfaction means depression. It just gets worse from there. Use how scared you are to motivate to do well.
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Your stress, worry and anxiety are really understandable!
For many people it is finding the way in which you best revise.
Some people can do long hour sessions, others (like me) can manage about 15-30 minutes to focus before needing a break/becoming distracted.
There are a number of useful apps/sites which I will always recommend for studying
Focus - App (free) - helps keep you off your phone -
Memrise - Website/App (free) - https://www.memrise.com/home/
SimpleMinds - Mindmapping software (not-free) - https://simplemind.eu/

And of course you have tons of flashcard, and other revision tools.
Just remember set yourself a goal and smash it, since only you can achieve that goal!

Tom
Third Year Psychology Student and Student Ambassador
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yh same
Ellaevans14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't worry i m really stressed i cant find any motivation
Just make sure that u start now instead of worrying about how behind you may think you are!!
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dude. Do it. You must, or else you're going to be (no offense) screwed.
Fhu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in Year 10 and I already started revising...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?