Ive gained a stone in two weeks Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
wtf someone please help
since mid february i have been tracking my calories and working out 5-6 times a week on a normal week around 4 times but since midmarch ive goneto 5 .
i was 14 stone ish deviating between 90-93 kg but staying around the 91 kg . I was on a weightloss journey and since spetember last year i gained half a stone. Mid february i was trying to relose that half a stoneand more and it worked slighlty deviafing between 87-89 then i stayed at 91

anyway over thast two weeks i willbe honest i have overeaten . last weekwas good but the end week before it i did binge eat most notabilyin the evening. However the next day i wouldstrict back my calories by the extra amount i consumed and work out more burningdouble the amount of calories in the gym in order to reset my body. last week i did over eat a few days like 3 not by much like 300-200 calories but i did burn quiet a bit from working out. This week i have eaten clean as can be oktoday i didnt so much but i was still 300 calories under my deficit and i burned 489 calories in the gym - i know this might not be accurate but im still under my deficit .

i do mainly lightcardio since alot of thetime my knee playes up. and i do alot of weight machines at the gym and free weight exercises like dumbells jordan balls etc . Three weeks ago i decided to get back into strength training via body pump so i could get the right technique and rebuild my confidence - as i used to do this class quite a bit before. i have been doing it 1 a week and this week ive done it once and have two more sessions today

but why have i gained weight so quick ! i want to lose weight and fat not gain it . a few days were emotional eating - broke up with my bf and got upset cos all i goos think about was my weight and food but i made sure to reset myself

im doing everything i can since i found out i gaines the weight on monday. i know its only been 2 days but the scale hasnt moved

help what could it be
how do i lose it

responses are appreciated

stats - female 19 5ft 11
weight 91 kg ( occasionally differs from88-93)

current weight 15 stones !!! help
Anonymous #1
i eat 1430 calories a day btw
Anonymous #1
bump
georgie_9rix
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe you have a problem with your hypothalamus. My friend had that and she couldn’t stop gaining weight no matter what she ate. But go to the doctor if you’re seriously worried. You are pretty tall but 15 stone does seem a bit excessive to me. Not sure what a person that height is supposed to weight though, so don’t take my word for it. Also, muscle weights more than fat.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is your diet like? what foods are you eating ? stuff which is high in saturated fats? or sugary ?
Perhaps try to do less workouts a week instead of doing them 5-6 times try to have at least 1 or 2 days rest between each workout.
The best advice I could give to anyone trying to lose weight would be to try to eat at regular times each day, every day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JaseyB)
What is your diet like? what foods are you eating ? stuff which is high in saturated fats? or sugary ?
Perhaps try to do less workouts a week instead of doing them 5-6 times try to have at least 1 or 2 days rest between each workout.
The best advice I could give to anyone trying to lose weight would be to try to eat at regular times each day, every day.

breakfast is always at six i have just one weetabix and a bit of milk. Ive been trying to switch it up and this week ive been having oats and an apple.

i normally go to uni to work so if i take food ill have it if not i normally have my "lunch" around 3/4 ish. Its normally just some salad or an egg - omellete with two eggs and some veg- lettuce tomartoes etc

in the evening its normally lentills and a chapati - being half indian lol but i normally only eat 1/2 .

in the evening late is sometimes where i can find i will snack but if i do i normally have a slice of toast with a bananna and some vanilla youghurt like ontop aounds weird i know.

i will admit a few days where i have binged like non stop all i can think about is food to the point where i make myself go to sleep so i stop eating. on them days it is normally high fat - sugar my body craves and i will eat. Funny thing is if i have two chocolate bars etc if i eat anymore suguar even fruit i tend to get a sugar rush as u would and my head hurts and i feel sickly. Even if i eat alot of fruit which i love i still would get sickly . I offen limit my fruit to two/ three a day if i can.

on the odd day i will have a green smoothie just for micro nutrients since im anemic its normally spinich kale half a banaana some ornage jucie water , walnuts and maca powder
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JaseyB)
Also i have been upling my protein intake or trying to but it is mostly carbs followed by protein or carbs follwed by fat. i have tried that but working out 5/6 times i normally do a good like hard workout 4 of those days and do something breif or v light on the other two
Anonymous #1
(Original post by georgie_9rix)
Maybe you have a problem with your hypothalamus. My friend had that and she couldn’t stop gaining weight no matter what she ate. But go to the doctor if you’re seriously worried. You are pretty tall but 15 stone does seem a bit excessive to me. Not sure what a person that height is supposed to weight though, so don’t take my word for it. Also, muscle weights more than fat.
i should be around the 10/11 stone mark. i managed to get to 13 and a half stone in septemebr and gained the half stone back.
zozo200016
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’re not eating enough, as a woman, you need to eat around 1800-2000 calories a day JUST for your body to maintain its normal processes, so if you’re only eating 1400, your body is storing as much as it can because it knows it’s not going to get fed enough so it needs some in reserve. You need to eat more, and then maybe you’ll see some weight loss
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doing exercise is pointless. It's what you are putting in your gob that matters . You would need to do a half marathon every day to stay slim if you have put on that amount of weight .
My tip is to cut down on portion size and go to bed early if you tend to eat late at night .
I've lost 11 pounds in 6 weeks so theres the proof and Ive not done any exercise either apart from changing the TV channels and farting a lot.😆
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Two boiled eggs for breakfast

Tin of sardines on 3 rounds of toast for lunch

A cooked piece of chicken with veg for tea .

No alcohol or biscuits crisps

This will lose you 4 pounds a week .

Dead easy ...go to bed early
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Johnny English)

i do go to bed early latest 10/11 normally around 9

i dont eat after 5:30 pm and i only eat at 6 am but thanks for the advice though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zozo200016)
You’re not eating enough, as a woman, you need to eat around 1800-2000 calories a day JUST for your body to maintain its normal processes, so if you’re only eating 1400, your body is storing as much as it can because it knows it’s not going to get fed enough so it needs some in reserve. You need to eat more, and then maybe you’ll see some weight loss
hmmm this might be true but my fitness pal reccommend 1430 it was 1380 before but i never stuck to it cos it was too less and just ate intuitively .

i now eat 1430 sometimes around 1600-1700
Fujoshi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zozo200016)
Your BMR can naturally be below 1800-2000 calories a day - it gets lower as you age, if you're short it'll be lower etc and yes restricting calories can also lower it. However, OP is doing a good amount of exercise which should balance out the effect of her calorie restriction (exercise raises BMR). Also I highly doubt that she's in starvation mode from a couple of months of eating slightly below her needs - sounds like there may be something else going on imo especially considering the rate at which she put the weight on (likewise a women putting on a stone of muscle mass in two weeks is also very unlikely).

OP it's probably worth seeing your GP about your sudden weight gain and also about your binge eating (better to sort it out now then when/if it gets out of control).
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
See a nutrionist, get a personal trainer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Johnny English)

thanks for te advice
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For breakfast I would eat a bit more try 2 or 3 weetabix - or add some fruit and nuts and seeds into the weetabix or oats - personally I use chopped almonds and sesame seeds as I love these and the almonds are supposed to help with natural weight loss somehow anyways not sure how they do exactly but a lot of so called dieticians seem to think that they do.
paigemya12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bit late to the thread but... Have you considered having blood tests? I am female and I weigh around 70kg 5' 4" age 27 I fluctuate when I loose track of what I am consuming, I have PCOS its a condition which can cause weight gain and making weight hard to loose. Hormone imbalance and cysts on ovaries. I also get acne as a symptom and when my acne is reduced my weight is ok. Do you suffer with any of this? Google PCOS and see if you fit the symptoms. It is very common and a lot of overweight women suffer with this.
JKMH
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
wtf someone please help
since mid february i have been tracking my calories and working out 5-6 times a week on a normal week around 4 times but since midmarch ive goneto 5 .
i was 14 stone ish deviating between 90-93 kg but staying around the 91 kg . I was on a weightloss journey and since spetember last year i gained half a stone. Mid february i was trying to relose that half a stoneand more and it worked slighlty deviafing between 87-89 then i stayed at 91

anyway over thast two weeks i willbe honest i have overeaten . last weekwas good but the end week before it i did binge eat most notabilyin the evening. However the next day i wouldstrict back my calories by the extra amount i consumed and work out more burningdouble the amount of calories in the gym in order to reset my body. last week i did over eat a few days like 3 not by much like 300-200 calories but i did burn quiet a bit from working out. This week i have eaten clean as can be oktoday i didnt so much but i was still 300 calories under my deficit and i burned 489 calories in the gym - i know this might not be accurate but im still under my deficit .

i do mainly lightcardio since alot of thetime my knee playes up. and i do alot of weight machines at the gym and free weight exercises like dumbells jordan balls etc . Three weeks ago i decided to get back into strength training via body pump so i could get the right technique and rebuild my confidence - as i used to do this class quite a bit before. i have been doing it 1 a week and this week ive done it once and have two more sessions today

but why have i gained weight so quick ! i want to lose weight and fat not gain it . a few days were emotional eating - broke up with my bf and got upset cos all i goos think about was my weight and food but i made sure to reset myself

im doing everything i can since i found out i gaines the weight on monday. i know its only been 2 days but the scale hasnt moved

help what could it be
how do i lose it

responses are appreciated

stats - female 19 5ft 11
weight 91 kg ( occasionally differs from88-93)

current weight 15 stones !!! help
Weight exercise will make you gain muscle which is a bigger mass than fat
EphebophileGuy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont these always end with "oh that pizza and 3l bottle of coke i had yesterday dont count as thats not my normal diet" (execpt it happens more than the one day and they comveniently forget).

Everytime you eat or drink anything record it in a diary so at the end of the week you know exactly what you ate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.27%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.06%
Not great so far... (258)
35.98%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.69%

Watched Threads