The Student Room Group

cartilage piercing issue

I wanted my cartilage pierced for months, I've done so much research and stuff and I was so excited to get it but when I got it I showed the piercer pictures and I was like that's what I wanted it to look like but then he put the sharpie thing and I thought it was too low (like not close to the lobe but close to the tragus) so I asked the piercer if it's gonna look like the picture and he said yes. The piercing was done too low in my opinion, I asked for it to be like the pictures and I thought cartilage piercings were in general supposed to be at the top of the ear (like near the folded part) and not only is it not really where I wanted it to be I also don't know if I can put other jewellery in it (like hoops or whatever) I know this might seem like a very minor issue but it really did bother me. It just doesn't look like the other cartilage piercing, I've never seen one that low and I've seen lots of cartilage piercings. Anyways I just wanted to know people's opinion on this. like should I get it re-pierced?
Reply 1
If anyone wants I can send pictures
Moved to Health :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Hadarhogen
I wanted my cartilage pierced for months, I've done so much research and stuff and I was so excited to get it but when I got it I showed the piercer pictures and I was like that's what I wanted it to look like but then he put the sharpie thing and I thought it was too low (like not close to the lobe but close to the tragus) so I asked the piercer if it's gonna look like the picture and he said yes. The piercing was done too low in my opinion, I asked for it to be like the pictures and I thought cartilage piercings were in general supposed to be at the top of the ear (like near the folded part) and not only is it not really where I wanted it to be I also don't know if I can put other jewellery in it (like hoops or whatever) I know this might seem like a very minor issue but it really did bother me. It just doesn't look like the other cartilage piercing, I've never seen one that low and I've seen lots of cartilage piercings. Anyways I just wanted to know people's opinion on this. like should I get it re-pierced?

It's totally up to you. Maybe try this out for a while, go to a shop and check out what different bits you can get, see if you like it after a moth or so.

Quick Reply

Latest