I want to switch courses within my university and i have already firmed it.

Watch
Luca715
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have chosen economics at UCL as my firm and economics at City University London as my insurance but I am becoming more convinced that I would rather do computer science. I would rather do economics at UCl than computer science at a less reputable uni but if it is possible I'd love to switch and stay at UCL. Any advice or feeedback is appreciated.

A big reason for choosing economics was to be set up for a career in finance and expecially investment banking but from what i read on efinancialcareers programming skills are increasing in demand and a career in mergers and aquisitions does not require any degree in particular. Now I'm starting to think that theres no better skill than being able to code efficiently and if i dont get into my dream career I'd rather have computer science knowledge than economics. I've considered doing two degrees or trying to get a masters in a computer science related field and was hoping to get some help here since I have no idea what my best option is.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luca715)
I have chosen economics at UCL as my firm and economics at City University London as my insurance but I am becoming more convinced that I would rather do computer science. I would rather do economics at UCl than computer science at a less reputable uni but if it is possible I'd love to switch and stay at UCL. Any advice or feeedback is appreciated.

A big reason for choosing economics was to be set up for a career in finance and expecially investment banking but from what i read on efinancialcareers programming skills are increasing in demand and a career in mergers and aquisitions does not require any degree in particular. Now I'm starting to think that theres no better skill than being able to code efficiently and if i dont get into my dream career I'd rather have computer science knowledge than economics. I've considered doing two degrees or trying to get a masters in a computer science related field and was hoping to get some help here since I have no idea what my best option is.
Ring UCL up (next week now - they'll be closed for Easter until Wednesday) and ask them if it's possible to switch and if so when is the best time to go about it.
Luca715
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ring UCL up (next week now - they'll be closed for Easter until Wednesday) and ask them if it's possible to switch and if so when is the best time to go about it.
Should i ring up the economics admissions tutor or the computer science one?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luca715)
Should i ring up the economics admissions tutor or the computer science one?
Neither. You ring the central admissions team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads