The Student Room Group

Council flats

WTF is going to happen when there are no more council flats?
Just watched The Tower: A Tale of Two Cities about Berkeley Homes buying the Aragon Tower.
WTF is going to happen to all the people like that when there are no more flats for them to live in!
It's ****ING CRAZY!
To all people who want to buy blocks of flats from the council:
OPEN YOUR ****ING EYES! IF THERE ARE PEOPLE LIVING THERE, LET THEM!GROW THE **** UP! THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND MONEY, BUT THE HUMANITY OF PEOPLE!
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
WTF is going to happen when there are no more council flats?
Just watched The Tower: A Tale of Two Cities about Berkeley Homes buying the Aragon Tower.
WTF is going to happen to all the people like that when there are no more flats for them to live in!
It's ****ING CRAZY!
To all people who want to buy blocks of flats from the council:
OPEN YOUR ****ING EYES! IF THERE ARE PEOPLE LIVING THERE, LET THEM!GROW THE **** UP! THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND MONEY, BUT THE HUMANITY OF PEOPLE!

It kind of does revolve around money.

Social housing has been sold off and not rebuilt for the last 40-50 years. It used to be very popular before Thatcher.
Moved to Society
Education = free
Uni = essentially free since there's nothing up front
Skills = free
Job = free to get
Job = money
money = house.
Privately rented housing seems to work.
The plastic in the ocean ordeal has given me some renewed faith in society. If it becomes a big enough problem, those that can are forced to create and implement a solution.

Original post by Miss Maddie

Uni = essentially free since there's nothing up front.

If you've already done an undergrad, you can literally take a free Masters as 80% of undergrads don't pay the full loan back before it's all erased anyway.
HA and SH properties are being built still. All major builders are required by law to hand over a % of buildings for the HA.

I admit that some builders try to get out of building so many and that the gov should do more to punish builders who don't build enough.
Original post by Spudgem2061
If you've already done an undergrad, you can literally take a free Masters as 80% of undergrads don't pay the full loan back before it's all erased anyway.

You only get about 10.5k, straight into your bank, when you get the master's loan. You're left to pay your tuition fees and living costs out of that, and there are many master's courses which are much more expensive than £10k. Your ability to do a master's is limited still. Master's courses are mostly for students who have parental support or a job.
Original post by Miss Maddie
Education = free
Uni = essentially free since there's nothing up front
Skills = free
Job = free to get
Job = money
money = house.

what a beautifully ignorant oversimplification of todays infrastructure
Original post by Notoriety
Your ability to do a master's is limited still. Master's courses are mostly for students who have parental support or a job.

Ahh yes that's true. Sorry I didn't mean to pitch it as a universal way out. My mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending