Engineering and Architectural Design in UCL

Watch
iogrivea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I am applying to Engineering and Architectural Design in UCL. I just got my interview scheduled for April 11. I was wondering if someone could tell about what I am going to be asked in the interview? Is it going to be based on my personal statement and porftolio?
iogrivea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!! I had my interview about two weeks ago. For everyone in my group interviewing (i went to london for mine) they use your portfolio as a conversation starter. They will ask you to show it to them and then they will ask you questions about it like what influenced you etc. Mine was a very art based portfolio, like purely paintings and almost nothing architectural, so the discussion was very theoretical. For other people that had architectural designs in their portfolio the discussion was more practical. They also ask you a couple of standard questions about groupwork for example, or what areas of architecture interest you etc. The interview itself is very short so don't expect to be asked many details.
Najy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by blackvoid17)
Hi, do you know what would be needed in the portfolio/how much should be included? I haven't taken art for A Level and I feel like my portfolio won't be very strong.

sammeeeeeee, im applying to civil engineering at different unis though idk if my personal statement is up to scratch
Overstreet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Najy)
sammeeeeeee, im applying to civil engineering at different unis though idk if my personal statement is up to scratch
yeeeees!the same question! how can i write a PS including both civil and this one?help!!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
You need to look at what aspects of civil engineering courses and the UCL course have in common, and write the similarities into your personal statement. I had this problem and I found you need to look what the courses have in common and how you’ll be a good candidate for this, rather than name dropping each specific course - each uni should read it as if your only applying to that course so you have a to word it in a particular way
Overstreet
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anything new?Like offer,interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (750)
41.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (357)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads