OCR A-Level Economics H460 5th, 12th, 15th June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abc_123_
Thank you :smile:
Why do you think perfect competition won't come up? x

Have you not revised at all?
Original post by MajorFader
Have you not revised at all?

I have actually, I did last year’s paper a while ago tho and I’ve also done the 2 practice papers and specimen paper so eveything’s gone a bit of a blur I can’t remember which paper asked which questions x

But I intend to review all my past papers again at some point this evening :smile:
I have actually, I did last year’s paper a while ago tho and I’ve also done the 2 practice papers and specimen paper so eveything’s gone a bit of a blur I can’t remember which paper asked which questions x

But I intend to review all my past papers again at some point this evening :smile:

Stop panicking then. You are far more prepared than you think you are.
Original post by MajorFader
Stop panicking then. You are far more prepared than you think you are.

It’s hard not to panic tho I’ve sent my teacher about 10 emails in the last 2 days because I’ve been microanalysing the specification!

How prepared are you feeling? x
Reply 64
Real life example help alot to get high marks

It’s hard not to panic tho I’ve sent my teacher about 10 emails in the last 2 days because I’ve been microanalysing the specification!

I feel neutral, my problem is trying to remember all 4 of the externalities graphs lol. On a scale of 1-10, maybe......7?
Reply 66

I did the same, asked my teacher a lot on the spec and he was like, OCR aren't specific and some of them are repeated like 10 times.
Original post by Myp001
I did the same, asked my teacher a lot on the spec and he was like, OCR aren't specific and some of them are repeated like 10 times.

Yhhh I noticed that some of them are just repeated 🙄🙄
Can you guys please help me write an essay plan for the following topics and do arguments For, Against and Evaluation

1. State provision of education and healthcare
2. Monopoly regulation - Energy price cap
3. Policies to reduce income inequality
4. Minimum price on alcohol

Thanks 😬
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, can someone tell me the structures for an 8 mark or 12 marks question? I have been told many different methods. thank you.
Original post by Hms.holden
Hi, can someone tell me the structures for an 8 mark or 12 marks question? I have been told many different methods. thank you.

for an 8 marker:

define the key words in the qus, give 2-3 points for and against in detail, include a diagram if relevant, evaluation

For a 12 marker:

define the key words in the qus again, 3-4 points for and against. Finish with 3-4 lines to sum up everything (conclusion), evaluate
I left my revision for last minute but I have done around 4-5 past papers and just went through my notes. I haven't read the book as thoroughly. I am still feeling very scared.. I don't know if I should do more practise or read the book or just reread my notes..
Original post by Flexlikeouu
for an 8 marker:

define the key words in the qus, give 2-3 points for and against in detail, include a diagram if relevant, evaluation

For a 12 marker:

define the key words in the qus again, 3-4 points for and against. Finish with 3-4 lines to sum up everything (conclusion), evaluate

Thank you so much. My economics teacher said to do 1 point.
What is the difference between evaluation and conclusion for 12.
Original post by Hms.holden
Thank you so much. My economics teacher said to do 1 point.
What is the difference between evaluation and conclusion for 12.

Evaluation is saying what the points you have stated depend on. For example, the effect of a subsidy is saying that it depends on how it is used. Conclusion is summing up the points you have already made.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 74
Do you guys think a gig economy question will come up? theres not much to say...
Original post by Lana21
Do you guys think a gig economy question will come up? theres not much to say...

Not on its own but could be part of a question
Are there any specific calculations in this exam we need to know for tomorrow?
For the stimulus response?
(not just the general percentage increase / decrease)
Original post by marlodanvers
are there any specific calculations in this exam we need to know for tomorrow?

tfc/q = afc
tvc/q= avc
tfc + tvc= tc
Original post by marlodanvers
Are there any specific calculations in this exam we need to know for tomorrow?

dependency ratio
Also market concentration ratio
N-firm concentration

Quick Reply