Ervahy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To clarify, under my entitlement summary, it says my maintenance loan for the 2018/19 year will be £X, but when I go to request a changed loan amount, it says "You have already been award £Y amount". This infers this Yamount should be under my entitlement summary but it's a completely different amount, which is right? As I certainly haven't been 'awarded' this second amount according to my entitlement figure!
What's also interesting is the first slide under this change loan amount section says 'You have already been awarded Z for your tuition fee loan' and this amount is correct.
John B SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ervahy)
To clarify, under my entitlement summary, it says my maintenance loan for the 2018/19 year will be £X, but when I go to request a changed loan amount, it says "You have already been award £Y amount". This infers this Yamount should be under my entitlement summary but it's a completely different amount, which is right? As I certainly haven't been 'awarded' this second amount according to my entitlement figure!
What's also interesting is the first slide under this change loan amount section says 'You have already been awarded Z for your tuition fee loan' and this amount is correct.
Hi Ervahy,

I just need to ask a couple of questions in order to help you out there.

When you initially applied, did you apply for the maximum Maintenance Loan or did you input a specific amount?

Is your funding based on household income?

Have you received a letter with your entitlement?

Thank you,

John.
Ervahy
Rep:
?
(Original post by John B SFE)
Hi Ervahy,

I just need to ask a couple of questions in order to help you out there.

When you initially applied, did you apply for the maximum Maintenance Loan or did you input a specific amount?

Is your funding based on household income?

Have you received a letter with your entitlement?

Thank you,

John.
Hi, I did apply for the maximum as opposed to a specific amount, and I think it does still go off my household income. However, the only entitlement letter I've had was sent in February and I've just realised even that doesn't match to my apparent entitlement figure in the summary!
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I did apply for the maximum as opposed to a specific amount, and I think it does still go off my household income. However, the only entitlement letter I've had was sent in February and I've just realised even that doesn't match to my apparent entitlement figure in the summary!
Hi Ervahy,

We can reassess your application as many times as necessary throughout the academic year.

Initially you requested the maximum loan not a specific amount, is that correct?

The Maintenance Loan entitlement, when you view it online, is it showing a lower or higher amount than you were initially awarded?

Finally can I ask if you have been asked to provide any financial information or other evidence recently

Thanks Rona
Ervahy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Ervahy,

We can reassess your application as many times as necessary throughout the academic year.

Initially you requested the maximum loan not a specific amount, is that correct?

The Maintenance Loan entitlement, when you view it online, is it showing a lower or higher amount than you were initially awarded?

Finally can I ask if you have been asked to provide any financial information or other evidence recently

Thanks Rona
That's correct! My entitlement summary figure is showing a lesser amount than I got this year, and is lower than the 'awarded' figure. As for evidence, all I know is my parental figures were asked to input information again. As an update, since we're both getting the same loan amounts apparently, my stepbrother also checked this 'change loan amount' and has been given the second higher figure (Y) like I have. Since the lower figures under our entitlement summary would really put us in a difficult financial situation next year, he put through a request for a loan amendment to this figure that was 'awarded' apparently. Today he has found out it is not approved.
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's correct! My entitlement summary figure is showing a lesser amount than I got this year, and is lower than the 'awarded' figure. As for evidence, all I know is my parental figures were asked to input information again. As an update, since we're both getting the same loan amounts apparently, my stepbrother also checked this 'change loan amount' and has been given the second higher figure (Y) like I have. Since the lower figures under our entitlement summary would really put us in a difficult financial situation next year, he put through a request for a loan amendment to this figure that was 'awarded' apparently. Today he has found out it is not approved.
Hi Ervahy,

That is quite normal, once your parents financial information is processed, as each year is based on a different tax year, you will be reassessed for the maximum loan available to you based on the household income.

Do you know when your parents provided their financial information and whether they did it online?

Thanks Rona
Ervahy
Rep:
?
Hi Ervahy,

That is quite normal, once your parents financial information is processed, as each year is based on a different tax year, you will be reassessed for the maximum loan available to you based on the household income.

Do you know when your parents provided their financial information and whether they did it online?

Thanks Rona
Oh I see, well I'm pretty sure it was all approved last night, and I swear they just put their information through the night before (so two days ago). Just to clarify, since the final figures we have (going off my stepbrother's rejected request for the higher figure) are the ones under our entitlement summaries, there is absolutely no way we will gain the higher figure now?
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh I see, well I'm pretty sure it was all approved last night, and I swear they just put their information through the night before (so two days ago). Just to clarify, since the final figures we have (going off my stepbrother's rejected request for the higher figure) are the ones under our entitlement summaries, there is absolutely no way we will gain the higher figure now?

Hi Ervahy,

What happens is when you ask to be income assessed, once your application is received we send a request to your parents to provide their financial information.

If there is a delay in receiving that information or if we need to request further evidence from your parents, initially the assessors will put in place the basic loan amount that is available to all students, to ensure that you have some funds in place, until the information is provided.

Once provided, you can be confident that you will be reassessed on the household income.

If your parents provided their income for tax year 2016 - 2017 online only two days ago, the estimated timescales to be reviewed is currently six working days.

You can expect the information to be processed by Monday April, 9
and be reflected on your online account by Tuesday April 10

Thanks Rona
Ervahy
Rep:
?
Hi Ervahy,

What happens is when you ask to be income assessed, once your application is received we send a request to your parents to provide their financial information.

If there is a delay in receiving that information or if we need to request further evidence from your parents, initially the assessors will put in place the basic loan amount that is available to all students, to ensure that you have some funds in place, until the information is provided.

Once provided, you can be confident that you will be reassessed on the household income.

If your parents provided their income for tax year 2016 - 2017 online only two days ago, the estimated timescales to be reviewed is currently six working days.

You can expect the information to be processed by Monday April, 9
and be reflected on your online account by Tuesday April 10

Thanks Rona
Thanks so much for your help! When we found out he was rejected the higher amount we thought that was pretty much it for us, but this has been very helpful, thanks!
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks so much for your help! When we found out he was rejected the higher amount we thought that was pretty much it for us, but this has been very helpful, thanks!
Hi Ervahy,

As long as you both have asked to be income assessed for the higher amount of loan and your parents when providing their information online, have linked to both of your applications, then just allow more time to reassessed on the household income.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise