The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I mean, health-wise, all bread is pretty bad in general. It all gets broken down into simple sugars and ends up being stored as fat if unused.

But since the question is about subjective preference, health aside; wholemeal. They don't taste that dissimilar, but I prefer the taste of wholemeal bread. The texture isn't that different either, but again, I feel like wholemeal has a very slightly nicer texture (could be placebo, though).
Original post by Kill3rCat
I mean, health-wise, all bread is pretty bad in general. It all gets broken down into simple sugars and ends up being stored as fat if unused.

But since the question is about subjective preference, health aside; wholemeal. They don't taste that dissimilar, but I prefer the taste of wholemeal bread. The texture isn't that different either, but again, I feel like wholemeal has a very slightly nicer texture (could be placebo, though).

I've been eating bread all my life for your information
Original post by carl fringos!
I've been eating bread all my life for your information

Yeah but you probably get a fair bit of exercise too. Also, a small amount of sugar is a natural part of any diet. In terms of calorific content (which is what really matters, for the most part), bread isn't much better by mass than cake.
Original post by ayyyy.x
Forget how unhealthy or healthy any of the two are.
Which one do you prefer and could eat for a lifetime?
Which one goes well with your favourite toppings?

When they're freshly baked, both are equally great.

But after a while, white is superior
Reply 84
Brown bread is better than white bread.
All bread is good bread :h:
Eat brown bread most of the time, but when I eat white bread, it doesn't half taste delicious!
Reply 87
White bread is for children.
I like both but depends what it for. I prefer brown bread and mainly have brown bread for everything, but for cheese on toast I think that white bread is better.

Latest