The Student Room Group

Immigrants should be deported if they don't find work within 6 months

Is this really racist? Apparently it is. My Grandad immigrated to England in the 70's and he worked his ass off to feed his family. IMO if an immigrant is paying their taxes they should be allowed to stay. As they are helping the economy. Pretty sad how the British people are competing against immigrants for jobs. More should be done to make British school children more educated/competitve for jobs (especially boys - we are more unlikely to get into uni)!
If you mean in their first 6 months here then yes.
Even if their children are settled in school and their partner has a full?
oh shut up
Everyone should be able to find work in six months.It took my brother a year after uni to find a job. Took my business manager sister seven months to get a new job. Took me four to find work after i finished college. I know countless people who want to work but can’t find it. If work is available and you are able then you should work. But imposing a time limit when there are clearly a shortage of jobs is horrendous.

Also, yes, it’s racist.
These are people. People don’t always have to prove their worth or provide to be deemed valuable.
Isn't that the rule currently? And don't you have to earn over £35k? And I don't believe you are entitled to benefits for several months when you first arrive either. So I am not quite sure what your point is. Now refugees are a bit different. They aren't allowed to work and these supposed generous benefits they get are basically food vouchers.
Reply 6
Original post by bby-bambi
People don’t always have to prove their worth or provide to be deemed valuable.

Of course they do! A society that works is when people provide value through work, trade and skills. If no one had these things then society wouldn't function. Tribes in Africa work on the same idea; skills are passed down and learnt, work is done and thus the society they have built thrives. When they have people who don't pull their weight they are kicked out because they are not providing anything of worth.
Economic immigrants shouldn’t be allowed in in the first place.

Britain for the British.
Original post by Monkey say
Economic immigrants shouldn’t be allowed in in the first place.

Britain for the British.

England for the Englsh .!👍👍✌
Wouldn’t say it was racist, because foreign isn’t a race. Don’t we have something similar in place now? We just don’t enforce it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending