Want more information about this university?

Accommodation at University of Derby

Watch
staceyssms
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I have an offer from the University of Derby to study Nursing which I am interested in making my firm choice but I wondered if Derby accommodate all nurses together like some other uni's do? Thanks
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by staceyssms)
Hello, I have an offer from the University of Derby to study Nursing which I am interested in making my firm choice but I wondered if Derby accommodate all nurses together like some other uni's do? Thanks
Hi staceyssms, I've contacted our Student Living team, who have explained that students moving in on 42 week contracts are randomly assigned, so you would likely be in a flat of mixed courses.

Because we also offer 51 week contracts, and it's more often the nursing students that require this length, these are more likely to be paired with other nursing students, however I'm afraid this isn't guaranteed either - it's just more likely.

I hope that helps explain it for you.
Ryan
conorpc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Rooms available – 4 bed house near Ashbourne Road and St Christopher’s Court. Modern, refurbished house, furnished, good size kitchen and lounge. 2 rooms available: 1 x medium room £74 per week, 1 x large room £79 per week. Really friendly housemates! PM me for details.
Smud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not necessarily. They tend to mix people because if you study with the same people you live with... you may want to get away from them at some point for a breather. Consider where you want to live more than who you want to live with. You can however choose if you would like to be in mixed accommodation or not.
Smileyface01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately they don’t group them together, which sounds like a good idea tbh. You have to get your own accommodation.. If you’re looking for a place then I can help, I have a room i no longer need..
Katie_pace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi if you still looking for a room we Two beautiful bedrooms that are available, the house has a newly refurbished bathroom, kitchen and sitting room, the rooms are available from July and September. The house is close to all the university campuses and 20 minutes from the town centre. There are two current housemates in there 2nd year of adult nursing at derby. The room prices range between £69-£75 per week and bills are £30 per month. Please private message me or 07713491528 if interested for further info!
CAdderley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, If your still looking for a room
Bronze Plus En-Suite room available at Darley Bank
50 weeks from 8th September 2018 to 24 August 2019
£123 a week.
Please send me a pm me if interested
Name:  DarleyBank_Derby-9-1024x768.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  87.8 KB
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (349)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (277)
44.25%

Watched Threads