Offering help to anyone sitting their GCSE exams !

Watch
Bennnny250
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi ! I’m offering help to anyone sitting their GCSE exams ! We can talk on WhatsApp or Email or any other social media . I will like to help as I am currently in Sixth Form and I need to volunteer to get higher points and my teachers told me The Student Room is a perfect way of achieving these points and volunteering to help . I want to help particularly in English ( Lit and Lang) as I achieved 2 grade 9’s for English ! I can also help in any other subject as I did triple science , drama , maths , R.E, statistics and french; but I love English and am studying it for A-Level!! I am a 17 year old female and if you are interested in my help please do leave your email below or private message me so I can give you my social media !

The books I studied are ; Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde / Macbeth / An Inspector Calls , for poems I studied 15 war related poems such as ; The war photographer .

Thank You for taking your time to read this ! Xx
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could you just quickly give some tips on how to revise for english lit and lang in the easter holiday??
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
Sure ! Okay so buy plenty of flash cards !! Pick out a good 5 quotes from each section ! Ask your teacher what the most powerful quotes are , where there’s lots to talk about ! because if you have less quotes but lots to say that’s better than having lots of quotes but nothing to say at all . So make sure you remember these quotes and literally write them on a flash card individually and annotate it on a flash card and just revise that ! Do that for both Lang and lit ! good luck !!
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bennnny250)
Sure ! Okay so buy plenty of flash cards !! Pick out a good 5 quotes from each section ! Ask your teacher what the most powerful quotes are , where there’s lots to talk about ! because if you have less quotes but lots to say that’s better than having lots of quotes but nothing to say at all . So make sure you remember these quotes and literally write them on a flash card individually and annotate it on a flash card and just revise that ! Do that for both Lang and lit ! good luck !!
Thank you!
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
best way to revise for the written questions in physics?
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
Revising for maths or science is literally just looking at the mark scheme . But firstly for written questions you have to write down any possible answers coming to your head . Also remember that in Science you must use the key terminology or you will get no points ! So print of past papers and answer all the written questions , and write down anything that comes to your mind . Then look at the mark scheme . I did this and I literally ended up remembering everything on the mark scheme and I knew how to use key terminology in between ! Good luck !
username3748656
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
> I am a 17 year old female

Hey y'know that's cool and all that, I myself am an A-Level student so I'm a big man, I'm not these little kids that do their...what was that thing babies do? Ah, yes. GCSEs! So pm your number, safe G.

Spoiler:
Show

Kids, this is good revision for Biology GCSE, teaches you attraction and stuff.
Awxxs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sufyaan65)
> I am a 17 year old female

Hey y'know that's cool and all that, I myself am an A-Level student so I'm a big man, I'm not these little kids that do their...what was that thing babies do? Ah, yes. GCSEs! So pm your number, safe G.

Spoiler:
Show

Kids, this is good revision for Biology GCSE, teaches you attraction and stuff.

calm tf down you moist guy
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
Thank you !
the_steel_soldier
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What would you suggest the lit quotes should focus on? Specific characters, or themes? (Especially for the poems cos i'm so lost with those:afraid:)
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
Both ! Characters and themes because you’ll never know what the question is based on.
Sreshtha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg! This is just the help I needed.... I really need help with power and conflict (poetry) I just don’t know how to remember the content and how to form essays for literature to get higher than 7s
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
All the content is quite similar , if you cannot remember content then all your other analysis has to be quite strong !! Also , you literally form essays like how you usually would , use lots and lots of quotes and make sure you always refer back to the question ! if you like you can write an essay for me and I’ll mark it through word or something ?? , also you can send me picture of the poems and I’ll tell you which quotes you should remember and we can annotate ??
oven2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am super nervous about my English Language paper. i struggle so so
much with structure especially, i would really really appreciate your help. if you would like to help just send me a message, thanks!!
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All the content is quite similar , if you cannot remember content then all your other analysis has to be quite strong !! Also , you literally form essays like how you usually would , use lots and lots of quotes and make sure you always refer back to the question ! if you like you can write an essay for me and I’ll mark it through word or something ?? , also you can send me picture of the poems and I’ll tell you which quotes you should remember and we can annotate ??
NO WAY OMG will you literally do that????!!!! I would really appreciate that as a GCSE student struggling in literature; I can never link points back towards a line of argument.
I may be a bit late to sending you an answer as I am currently revising (well procrastinating) RS if that's okay.

One of the key things my teacher tells me about is my syntax, the way I write essays and my structure, which is all off. Line of arguments are always so hard for me to form and I hate them; you have to be so specific and for some reason I can never make one.
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
Pm me !!
jakehalliday
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think that you did the Power and Conflict cluster, I'm doing it now for May.
How did you revise Power and Conflict?
Some people I've talked to have learnt 5 or 6 poems inside out, and the rest just briefly, and have got 8s.
Bennnny250
Rep:
?
I evenly remembered around 7 quotes from all poems , I have a good memory so it was okay for me . I spent years annotating in detail though .
Fez246
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anything else for lit other than annotating quotes? Did you make mind maps for the themes/characters?
Joseph.C.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I find writing about language easy but I struggle to analyse form and structure. Any tips?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (643)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads