LAE London Academy of Excellence September 2018 Successful Applicants

Watch
This discussion is closed.
tritonpwn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
First of all, I want to congratulate you who have been accepted into LAE as I have. This thread is open to those who want to ask questions on what's next, transition days and more.
I chose Literature, History, PRE and Politics- what about you?
This is for the Stratford Sixth Form.

tritonpwn
indie.sxnds
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, congratulations to you as well! I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and PRE When I submitted my acceptance form though, the confirmation of it left one of the blocks blank, so I had to just email them, hopefully it'll get sorted out soon
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
(Original post by indie.sxnds)
Hi, congratulations to you as well! I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and PRE When I submitted my acceptance form though, the confirmation of it left one of the blocks blank, so I had to just email them, hopefully it'll get sorted out soon
omg i got an empty block in my first box too, should i email them? and we might be in the same PRE class haha x
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tritonpwn)
omg i got an empty block in my first box too, should i email them? and we might be in the same PRE class haha x
Really?! Glad I'm not the only one then haha, perhaps maybe email them just incase, but I'm guessing its a wider/system related problem.

And yay! I think there was about 2 classes for PRE last year so chances of being in the same class seem good!
user3535
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
me too. i chose bio chem english lit and politics. i am still stuck between accepting lae ncs or brampton
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
(Original post by halimah786)
me too. i chose bio chem english lit and politics. i am still stuck between accepting lae ncs or brampton
one of my friends is going to nsc,but apparently lae is better. go with whatever you're most comfortable and please with
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
Really?! Glad I'm not the only one then haha, perhaps maybe email them just incase, but I'm guessing its a wider/system related problem.

And yay! I think there was about 2 classes for PRE last year so chances of being in the same class seem good!
when was your interview and how was it?
user3535
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
one of my friends is going to nsc,but apparently lae is better. go with whatever you're most comfortable and please with
really? idk yet im going to wait till the induction day things and see which one i prefer
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by halimah786)
Ah, we may be in the same classes for bio and chem! I didn't apply to The NCS or Brampton, but I'd choose whichever college I felt I had the best impression in. I know that all 3 schools accumulate amazing a-level results, but LAE has some great programmes/clubs/opportunities for so many subjects, as well as helping with personal development, thats why I liked it so much.

Good luck in GCSEs and choosing the college

ps; I'd also ask existing students at ncs,lae and brampton what they think of these colleges. Theres also quite a few threads on here that go into depth on this.
user3535
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, we may be in the same classes for bio and chem! I didn't apply to The NCS or Brampton, but I'd choose whichever college I felt I had the best impression in. I know that all 3 schools accumulate amazing a-level results, but LAE has some great programmes/clubs/opportunities for so many subjects, as well as helping with personal development, thats why I liked it so much.

Good luck in GCSEs and choosing the college

ps; I'd also ask existing students at ncs,lae and brampton what they think of these colleges. Theres also quite a few threads on here that go into depth on this.
thanksss and good luck to u too
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
when was your interview and how was it?
The 24th Feb I think, the first set. The amount of people there was insane, which made me a little nervous. Initially, I didn't think my interview went 100% perfectly, but it could've been a lot worse, and it clearly went down better than I thought as I have a place now!:bubbles:How about you?
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
cool, congratsss
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
The 24th Feb I think, the first set. The amount of people there was insane, which made me a little nervous. Initially, I didn't think my interview went 100% perfectly, but it could've been a lot worse, and it clearly went down better than I thought as I have a place now!:bubbles:How about you?
same for me exactly haha i could've seen you, i thought it went really well and i like the ending quiz part. i met a rlly nice girl called orla (i think) and some others. the people there are so nice
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
same for me exactly haha i could've seen you, i thought it went really well and i like the ending quiz part. i met a rlly nice girl called orla (i think) and some others. the people there are so nice
Yeah, they are, at first my introverted self was just immersed in a book but after the interview there were a really nice group of girls that I ended up speaking with, and since the interview was first, we all got to be together for the group task and came 2nd overall
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
Yeah, they are, at first my introverted self was just immersed in a book but after the interview there were a really nice group of girls that I ended up speaking with, and since the interview was first, we all got to be together for the group task and came 2nd overall
i think mine came like 4th loll, i can't wait to joinnn
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i think mine came like 4th loll, i can't wait to joinnn
same! I just have to make sure I get the grades
periodt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, guys Congratulations to all for getting in! I also got a spot.

I'm planning to study Literature, PRE, History and Politics - rip to my hand for all the writing to come lmao. I noticed the same problem with the empty block as well but I emailed them about it too.

Hopefully, we all meet at the 'welcome days'.
Good luck in your GCSEs
indie.sxnds
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by holasnsns)

I'm planning to study Literature, PRE, History and Politics - rip to my hand for all the writing to come lmao. I noticed the same problem with the empty block as well but I emailed them about it too.

Good luck in your GCSEs
you too
tritonpwn
Rep:
?
(Original post by holasnsns)

Good luck in your GCSEs
bruh we chose the exact same things haha- our hands will be the death of us
periodt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bruh we chose the exact same things haha- our hands will be the death of us
Haha, I literally just noticed. If only I had seen your reply first, I wouldn't have private messaged you to say the same exact thing xD.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
12.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (23)
39.66%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
17.24%

Watched Threads