This discussion is closed.
Kirsten1019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Unfortunately I have been rejected by all the universities I applied to for physiotherapy. I have wanted to do physio for a number of years and there’s no other course I want to do. I’m not sure what to do to help myself if I apply again next year.
hope.3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey. if you pm me i can offer some advice i went through a similar situation myself last year (and kind of this year)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kirsten1019)
Unfortunately I have been rejected by all the universities I applied to for physiotherapy. I have wanted to do physio for a number of years and there’s no other course I want to do. I’m not sure what to do to help myself if I apply again next year.
You can use ucas extra, to make a further application to one uni at a time.

You should get feedback as to why you lost out and see how easy that weakness is to remedy. If you have such a lifelong ambition then just apply next year.
lauramadison
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This happened to me. Twice. Physiotherapy is such a competitive course and I’ve spoke to people who tried for up to 5 years of applying. If you really want it, keep applying! Get some experience. Speak to other physios. If it what you want to do, don’t lose faith. I know it’s hard not to feel a bit deflated. I literally wanted to give up but I tried again and failed again but it didn’t put me off. Maybe look through clearing. I got an interview at London South Bank and I was offered a conditional thanks to clearing. You might not get into the university you want to go to. But it’s about the course and the degree not the uni.
gw1999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can either reapply next year, or do a sport and exercise science degree, and then do a master in physio I think.
Preranak158
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lauramadison)
This happened to me. Twice. Physiotherapy is such a competitive course and I’ve spoke to people who tried for up to 5 years of applying. If you really want it, keep applying! Get some experience. Speak to other physios. If it what you want to do, don’t lose faith. I know it’s hard not to feel a bit deflated. I literally wanted to give up but I tried again and failed again but it didn’t put me off. Maybe look through clearing. I got an interview at London South Bank and I was offered a conditional thanks to clearing. You might not get into the university you want to go to. But it’s about the course and the degree not the uni.
Hey? Are you studying physio in London south bank? If yes, then please can you give me some tips for the interview and what kind of questions they’re asking? I’m an international student and so will have to do a Skype interview. Please help
Daniellaphysio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hope.3)
hey. if you pm me i can offer some advice i went through a similar situation myself last year (and kind of this year)
Hi, I'm going to be applying as a mature student next year (I'm 25)... I would love to hear about your experience? in case of not getting an offer it would be really useful to hear what the options are .

Thanks!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (272)
56.43%
I don't have everything I need (210)
43.57%

Watched Threads