The Student Room Group

How much revision shall I do a day?? help please

I am going to really knuckle down now as we have two weeks off. Just wondering how many hours of revision a day do you guys do? Need some motivation from other people working hard tbh. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I'd suggest 6-10 especially i fyou haven't properly started.
Reply 2
Original post by thekidwhogames

6-10 is a but too much in my opinion. I sorta started in February and I done fairly good in my mocks. How much do you do a day?
Original post by joshscott17
6-10 is a but too much in my opinion. I sorta started in February and I done fairly good in my mocks. How much do you do a day?

Ah, I didn't know that. In that case, 4-6 is more than enough. I'm going to be probably spending the whole day on revision throughout now to exam season (but having regular breaks).
Reply 4
Ah, I didn't know that. In that case, 4-6 is more than enough. I'm going to be probably spending the whole day on revision throughout now to exam season (but having regular breaks).

alright, cheers mate thanks for your help!
alright, cheers mate thanks for your help!

No problem - good luck in your exams. Be sure to print out specs and ensure you know it all; practice, etc.

10! including breaks?
Original post by Maths&physics
10! including breaks?

10 of revision and probably rest of day break but definitely not 10! hours (bad maths joke, excuse this :tongue:)
Reply 8
No problem - good luck in your exams. Be sure to print out specs and ensure you know it all; practice, etc.

cheers pal and you if you're doing any exams
I am going to really knuckle down now as we have two weeks off. Just wondering how many hours of revision a day do you guys do? Need some motivation from other people working hard tbh. Thanks!

5 to 6 hopefully. Good luck to you in your revision.
Original post by dont know it
5 to 6 hopefully. Good luck to you in your revision.

cheers and you bud
I am in year 11, did well in my mocks and have done a bit of revision (only 1/4 of the history content, 2 physics topics, 3 computer science topics and the first 30 pages from the AQA geography textbook). I have not done any revision in my first week off but am going to do about 4 hours a day. I should have notes on all of history, geography, physics and computer science finished. I should also know all the french speaking questions.
I would say to do 3,4 or 5 hours each day (but do have a few days off at the start).
Original post by Baza2002
I am in year 11, did well in my mocks and have done a bit of revision (only 1/4 of the history content, 2 physics topics, 3 computer science topics and the first 30 pages from the AQA geography textbook). I have not done any revision in my first week off but am going to do about 4 hours a day. I should have notes on all of history, geography, physics and computer science finished. I should also know all the french speaking questions.
I would say to do 3,4 or 5 hours each day (but do have a few days off at the start).

Thanks, and good luck pal!
Thanks, and good luck pal!

Thanks, good luck to you too.
I'm having the Easter weekend off, just doing any non-revision homework.

Over the 2 weeks I have off, I am doing 66 hours in total - 3 hours per subject per week.
It equates to 4.7 hours per day in the first week, and 5.5 hours per day in the second week (as I am at a wedding on the Friday).

I'd recommend you do the same.
Original post by Harry-Pikesley
I'm having the Easter weekend off, just doing any non-revision homework.

Over the 2 weeks I have off, I am doing 66 hours in total - 3 hours per subject per week.
It equates to 4.7 hours per day in the first week, and 5.5 hours per day in the second week (as I am at a wedding on the Friday).

I'd recommend you do the same.

Alright cheers mate, have fun at your wedding n good luck in your GCSE's x
As a law grad who's been through the same situation, I would advise you against putting a specific number on it; the hours of revision you do are irrelevant, it's all about how much you actually learn.

You might learn more in 1 hour of 'good' revision than you would in 5 hours of 'meh' revision (for lack of a better description). Personally, I always performed better with 3/4 hours of concentrated revision, spread throughout the day. I also revised in terms of topics not hours - i.e, I want X, Y, and Z done today - and found that this prevented me from being swamped.

The person who revises 2 hours a day might actually be learning more than the person who revises 8 hours a day - the hours are less important than the methods and strategies you employ.

TL;DR: the 'hours' are irrelevant - it's all about finding out what works for you and sticking with it. Your mileage may vary, so don't get hung up on what your peers are doing (especially as there's no guarantee they're learning more).

Good luck all!
Original post by NotQuiteMikeRoss
As a law grad who's been through the same situation, I would advise you against putting a specific number on it; the hours of revision you do are irrelevant, it's all about how much you actually learn.

You might learn more in 1 hour of 'good' revision than you would in 5 hours of 'meh' revision (for lack of a better description). Personally, I always performed better with 3/4 hours of concentrated revision, spread throughout the day. I also revised in terms of topics not hours - i.e, I want X, Y, and Z done today - and found that this prevented me from being swamped.

The person who revises 2 hours a day might actually be learning more than the person who revises 8 hours a day - the hours are less important than the methods and strategies you employ.

TL;DR: the 'hours' are irrelevant - it's all about finding out what works for you and sticking with it. Your mileage may vary, so don't get hung up on what your peers are doing (especially as there's no guarantee they're learning more).

Good luck all!

This was really interesting, thank you! Good luck with law and wish you all the best for the future x
Original post by Baza2002

bro chill, gcses are not very important and i wouldnt waste time revising. i revised like 2 hours the night before each exam for the 2 weeks and i passed all my gcses apart from art which i pissed around in all year. basicly, gcses are just a key to the door to a levels and a grade c or level 5 will get you thru the door.

Quick Reply

Latest