nightlion
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is it just me or are the majority of people struggling with Paper 3. Imo it's the hardest Geography exam and I hope the grade boundaries are low for this one.
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I completely agree. in my most recent mock, I got 8s in papers 1 and 2, but a 5 in paper 3. Half the time I have no idea what the question's even asking for lmao
lolu123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The released material sections is fine its just the fieldwork i struggle with
nightlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by troubletracking)
I completely agree. in my most recent mock, I got 8s in papers 1 and 2, but a 5 in paper 3. Half the time I have no idea what the question's even asking for lmao
It's a solid paper. I hope the grade boundaries for this paper are low. There are loads of 6 markers and it's difficult. I saw on one of the specimens it said 'explain why a median and interquartile range is a good measurement' and it was 4 marks
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hamzahabdulhamid)
It's a solid paper. I hope the grade boundaries for this paper are low. There are loads of 6 markers and it's difficult. I saw on one of the specimens it said 'explain why a median and interquartile range is a good measurement' and it was 4 marks
It's that kinda stuff that really throws, me as well as the fieldwork. I'm a lot better at just memorising case study facts than actually using my own brain
wbanner2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Hamzah and all, I am glad you have expressed your feelings regarding paper 3; I thought that having pre-released material and Fieldwork would make the grade boundaries for paper 3 higher than the other papers. However, I think anyone who doesn't revise the pre-released material, which will be a high number of candidates, will struggle. The reason paper 3 is different and section A figures are pre-released is purely because they are longer and so we have to be able to read them and do the decision making in advance. Do you think the Abingdon reservoir should go ahead? Good luck with the Geography revision anyway; I find it more relaxing than History!
nightlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by wbanner2001)
Hi Hamzah and all, I am glad you have expressed your feelings regarding paper 3; I thought that having pre-released material and Fieldwork would make the grade boundaries for paper 3 higher than the other papers. However, I think anyone who doesn't revise the pre-released material, which will be a high number of candidates, will struggle. The reason paper 3 is different and section A figures are pre-released is purely because they are longer and so we have to be able to read them and do the decision making in advance. Do you think the Abingdon reservoir should go ahead? Good luck with the Geography revision anyway; I find it more relaxing than History!
That's what all the teachers have been saying one of the questions will be 'Do you think the Abingdon reservoir should go ahead?'
wbanner2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hamzahabdulhamid)
That's what all the teachers have been saying one of the questions will be 'Do you think the Abingdon reservoir should go ahead?'
Yeah, we did a nine marker and it is worth practising one, weighing up the advantages and disadvantages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed