The Student Room Group

Graduation makeup

My highschool graduation is coming up and I'm not sure about what makeup to wear. Any thoughts/ideas?
Reply 1
do whatever you want.

a timeless, natural look would be lovely.

youtube some ideas :smile:
Original post by maria.3
do whatever you want.

a timeless, natural look would be lovely.

youtube some ideas :smile:

That's the thing! i'm always either with no makeup or natural makeup in which people think I'm not wearing makeup! If I go extreme I wear red lipstick and winged liner but I want a change. Youtubing things overwhelm me with ideas xP
Reply 3
Original post by PixieDust_00
That's the thing! i'm always either with no makeup or natural makeup in which people think I'm not wearing makeup! If I go extreme I wear red lipstick and winged liner but I want a change. Youtubing things overwhelm me with ideas xP

hmm ok.

so when i say natural, id suggest a look which actually isnโ€™t natural at all because it does require a lot of make up and is very obvious youโ€™re wearing make up but itโ€™s all quite subtle and neutral. lmao idk jf that makes sense.

ill try link some videos iโ€™d suggest. and i donโ€™t mean copying their looks but using similar colours and techniques.
Hmm maybe try going for mauve-pink tones? They're really popular at the moment (i.e. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette or something else). If you want to keep with the red lipstick and winged liner, maybe add gold shimmery eyeshadow? I tend to do that when I want to look a bit nicer without spending too much effort on my makeup :smile:
Original post by maria.3
hmm ok.

so when i say natural, id suggest a look which actually isnโ€™t natural at all because it does require a lot of make up and is very obvious youโ€™re wearing make up but itโ€™s all quite subtle and neutral. lmao idk jf that makes sense.

ill try link some videos iโ€™d suggest. and i donโ€™t mean copying their looks but using similar colours and techniques.

somehow, it does hahahahhaha

Original post by jessicaaaa1007
Hmm maybe try going for mauve-pink tones? They're really popular at the moment (i.e. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette or something else). If you want to keep with the red lipstick and winged liner, maybe add gold shimmery eyeshadow? I tend to do that when I want to look a bit nicer without spending too much effort on my makeup :smile:

That sounds interesting! I never tried that :O
i'll give both a try, thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by jessicaaaa1007
Hmm maybe try going for mauve-pink tones?

100% agree.

the first link will take you to a mauve/pinky look
Original post by maria.3
100% agree.

the first link will take you to a mauve/pinky look

The first and 3rd ones are bomb! I'm gonna try both
Reply 9
The first and 3rd ones are bomb! I'm gonna try both

glad you liked them!! best of luck. let us know how you get on
Original post by maria.3
glad you liked them!! best of luck. let us know how you get on

Thanks! will do :smile:
Reply 11
My highschool graduation is coming up and I'm not sure about what makeup to wear. Any thoughts/ideas?

wear whatever you feel comfortable in and something that goes with your outfit :smile:
Go with what you usually do - try and keep it natural. I decided to go for a full on red lip and in all my graduation photos I just look like a clown :frown:
Original post by ann_js
wear whatever you feel comfortable in and something that goes with your outfit :smile:

I didn't get the outfit yet, comfort is always a priority

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Go with what you usually do - try and keep it natural. I decided to go for a full on red lip and in all my graduation photos I just look like a clown :frown:

:frown:( awee

Quick Reply

Latest