Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield Watch

Corellian
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone

I have recently applied for the Home Office Administrative Officer (UK Visa & Immigration,Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit) position in Sheffield.

I have been invited to complete an assessment and I am wondering if anyone else has any advice for me?

Thanks
Ehty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I've also applied for this post and already had my assessment done couple of weeks ago , they will give you case studies to read then you will have to answer the questions which I found pretty straight forward , make sure you read your case studies properly, after that they will let u know the results, I was successful at the assessment so they asked me to wait for the interview, but then they called me just after 5 mins for the interview , and to be honest interview wasn't difficult neither just the two very friendly interviwers who asked me the competency delivering at pace and only lasted less then 5 mins lol just be confident and don't panic , after the interview this guy took me back in the room then called me again after 2 mins to tell me that I was successful had to fill this form after that and they also copied my documents, I know they doing assessments till 21st of April so fingers crossed after that I hear some good news just be calm and positive on the day and try not to panic you will be fine then, hope it helps Good luck Ehty
Corellian
Rep:
?
Hi Ehty, thank you for your reply=)

I also been successful!
Ehty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Corellian)
Hi Ehty, thank you for your reply=)

I also been successful!
Congratulations let us know if the status change on civil service website, I'll do the same !
Frankie34
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was this by any chance the... “Work, Study & Premium (WSP), Family and Human Rights Operations and UK International - Decision Makers and Entry Clearance Assistants” role you applied for
Corellian
Rep:
?
Hi Frankie34,

(Original post by Frankie34)
Was this by any chance the... “Work, Study & Premium (WSP), Family and Human Rights Operations and UK International - Decision Makers and Entry Clearance Assistants” role you applied for
We applied for “ UK Visas & Immigration, Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit – Administrative Officer Operational Delivery posts”.
Frankie34
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Frankie34,

We applied for “ UK Visas & Immigration, Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit – Administrative Officer Operational Delivery posts”.

Ahh ok I see, Good Luck!
Jflmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I also applied for this role, has anyone heard anything about provisional offers?
Corellian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jflmz)
Hi, I also applied for this role, has anyone heard anything about provisional offers?
Unfortunately not yet:/
Jflmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unfortunately not yet:/
it's taking quite some time, do you remember the day you had your interview? I hope we get to know very soon!
Corellian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jflmz)
it's taking quite some time, do you remember the day you had your interview?!
7th April 2018 a long time ago
LR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, I applied for this role late February and had my assessment centre on the 24th March where I was successful. I just looked at the Civil Service Jobs Website today and I've got a provisional offer!
Corellian
Rep:
?
(Original post by LR123)
Hey guys, I applied for this role late February and had my assessment centre on the 24th March where I was successful. I just looked at the Civil Service Jobs Website today and I've got a provisional offer!
Congrats

I am on reserve list.
LR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks

I hope you get offered a job soon. I remember them saying that they're looking to make future appointments after the initial phase so I hope the best for you.
Corellian
Rep:
?
(Original post by LR123)
Thanks

I hope you get offered a job soon. I remember them saying that they're looking to make future appointments after the initial phase so I hope the best for you.
Thanks,

Do you know when is your starting date?
LR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not yet.

I think I've got to do the pre-employment checks first and then I should hopefully find out a start date.
lorenmariex
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
have you received your start date yet?
LR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lorenmariex)
have you received your start date yet?
Not yet unfortunately. I emailed them and they said it could take up to eight weeks to complete the checks and it has only been three weeks since I received the provisional offer.
lorenmariex
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LR123)
Not yet unfortunately. I emailed them and they said it could take up to eight weeks to complete the checks and it has only been three weeks since I received the provisional offer.
8 weeks?! So long! I’m glad it’s not just me then, I’ve also received a provisional offer 3 weeks ago and sent my forms off straight away but they didn’t seem to receive them so they emailed me a couple of days ago asking me to resend them. So I take it that it will be 8 weeks from then.
LR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lorenmariex)
8 weeks?! So long! I’m glad it’s not just me then, I’ve also received a provisional offer 3 weeks ago and sent my forms off straight away but they didn’t seem to receive them so they emailed me a couple of days ago asking me to resend them. So I take it that it will be 8 weeks from then.
I know! Sorry to hear, that's really unlucky. I hope for you it will still be eight weeks from when you got the provisional offer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (406)
18.61%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (485)
22.23%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.59%

Watched Threads