The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizzied124
Thanks for the help I have emailed the address in the thread ! When is your start date ?

No worries! My start date is the 20th August!
That’s soon ! Do you know if there are several start dates and are we given training for a period of time do you know ? Also I emailed this address -
[email protected] Is that correct ? 😀
Original post by lizzied124
That’s soon ! Do you know if there are several start dates and are we given training for a period of time do you know ? Also I emailed this address -
[email protected] Is that correct ? 😀

Yes they gave me the choice of 20th August, 3rd September and 10th September but I wanted to start ASAP! They said they’ll let me know about the training in the week before I start, I’m presuming the training will be all of the first week though ☺️
Also yes that is the right email address!
Thanks for the help still not heard anything back !
Reassuring to know from the posts in this thread that it's not just myself that hasn't heard anything yet - I too rec'd a provisional offer 13th April, asked to provide a utility bill 13th May but have heard nothing since, no vetting log in's requests, it's immensely frustrating!!

I've emailed FHRU twice just to be advised that my doc's are with the relevant team & it could take a while to process but no info as to any sort of timeframe :-/
Original post by EmmBee2112
Reassuring to know from the posts in this thread that it's not just myself that hasn't heard anything yet - I too rec'd a provisional offer 13th April, asked to provide a utility bill 13th May but have heard nothing since, no vetting log in's requests, it's immensely frustrating!!

I've emailed FHRU twice just to be advised that my doc's are with the relevant team & it could take a while to process but no info as to any sort of timeframe :-/

I’m going through the exact same! Had my provisional offer on 11th May and filled out the forms that came with it and have heard nothing else. Emailed last week just to say it’s been 12 weeks since I received the provisional offer have I passed the checks? Will we have a start date soon? etc and just had the reply - I have checked the current position regarding the provisional offer of an AO post here.
My records show that your Security Clearance checks are still on-going & we will update you as soon as we have received a response from the relevant department.”
Has anyone heard anything else?
Nothing at all!

I've asked my references if they've been contacted and they haven't so that leads me to assume they've not even got very far completing my checks!!
Original post by lorenmariex
Yes they gave me the choice of 20th August, 3rd September and 10th September but I wanted to start ASAP! They said they’ll let me know about the training in the week before I start, I’m presuming the training will be all of the first week though ☺️

Hiya,
I was just wondering how long you were waiting for your start date from sending off your vetting form? I completed mine nearly 4 weeks ago and heard nothing yet.
Original post by Corellian
Hello everyone:smile:

I have recently applied for the Home Office Administrative Officer (UK Visa & Immigration,Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit) position in Sheffield.

I have been invited to complete an assessment and I am wondering if anyone else has any advice for me?

Thanks

Hi!
have you got the job? 🙂
Reply 71
Original post by Kamran749
Hi!
have you got the job? 🙂

Ive been put on HO reserve list. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm still waiting, submitted vetting form online said it would be 30 days before I'd hear back but still not heard and don't know who to ring. So frustrating! Has anyone else submitted the online CTC form and heard back yet?
I'm still waiting, submitted vetting form online said it would be 30 days before I'd hear back but still not heard and don't know who to ring. So frustrating! Has anyone else submitted the online CTC form and heard back yet?
Can I please ask how much notice you guys were given for an interview date? How long before thefirst interviee date were you notified that you had been invited to interview?
Reply 75
Hi All, is there anyone who start in HO in February?
Corellian is it this month? Were you on a reserve list? I've recently interviewed for a caseworker role at HO and I'm still waiting for an update on whether I've been successful or not.
Reply 77
Original post by Haeebar90
Corellian is it this month? Were you on a reserve list?

I had my interview last year in March, then they put me on a reserve list... in October I had a phone call from HO offered me AO position. My starting date is in Feb.
Original post by Corellian
I had my interview last year in March, then they put me on a reserve list... in October I had a phone call from HO offered me AO position. My starting date is in Feb.

Thanks for replying and congratulations :smile: Is it still in Family Human Rights? I applied for UKVI. They mentioned looking at getting people started at the end of Feb but have to wait for security checks to be completed first.
Original post by Haeebar90
Thanks for replying and congratulations :smile: Is it still in Family Human Rights? I applied for UKVI. They mentioned looking at getting people started at the end of Feb but have to wait for security checks to be completed first.

Hi Haeebar90,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on your post, I just wondered if I could ask you about the timeline of your application for the UKVI role, I too have had an interview for this role this month but the application portal still appears to be saying "scheduled for first interview" how long was it after your interview that you had any further news?

Thanks so much in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest