Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield Watch

Haeebar90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Holliberry15)
Hi Haeebar90,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on your post, I just wondered if I could ask you about the timeline of your application for the UKVI role, I too have had an interview for this role this month but the application portal still appears to be saying "scheduled for first interview" how long was it after your interview that you had any further news?

Thanks so much in advance
Hey Holliberry15

Mine shows the same too, no update yet. I emailed the contact point for applicants and somebody replied saying there were still I'm going interviews and that we would be possibly updated in a couple of weeks
Lanzarote
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Many thanks for replying Was you also offered a position on the interview day.?
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey Lanzarote

The closing date for the one I applied for was 14th of December so it'll be different to what you've got.
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
riginal post by Haeebar90)Hey Lanzarote

The closing date for the one I applied for was 14th of December so it'll be different to what you got.

(Original post by Haeebar90)
Hey Lanzarote

The closing date for the one I applied for was 14th of December so it'll be different to what you've got.
Holliberry15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey Holliberry15

Mine shows the same too, no update yet. I emailed the contact point for applicants and somebody replied saying there were still I'm going interviews and that we would be possibly updated in a couple of weeks
Thanks so much for your reply, it's definitely put my mind at ease! I think we must be in the same pool of applicants as the one I went for closed on the 14th Dec too - fingers crossed we'll hear something soon
Holliberry15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've had an update on the application portal showing I'm now on the reserve list, I'm not sure what to make of it, whether it's good news or bad news?
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've had an update on the application portal showing I'm now on the reserve list, I'm not sure what to make of it, whether it's good news or bad news?
Hi Holliberry15

Me too! What did you score on your competencies if you don't mind me asking? I got three 6's. I think they've offered the posts to those who have done better and will let us know if they have more posts maybe?
Holliberry15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Holliberry15

Me too! What did you score on your competencies if you don't mind me asking? I got three 6's. I think they've offered the posts to those who have done better and will let us know if they have more posts maybe?
It's so confusing isn't it? There's no real clarity as to why we're on there, hopefully it's a preliminary process. I got a 5,5,6 in the interview stage - your scores are amazing, I've everything crossed for you!
Holliberry15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lanzarote)
Hi everybody. I think I will ring H O in a ccouple of weeks I can't understand why they told me I was successful , offered me a position then put on a reserve list. I will let you all know.
Thanks so much for keeping us updated, Lanzarote - I've everything crossed it's good news for you! I wonder if there's a set date they're wanting new starters for and that maybe why there's no definitive answers just yet?
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's so confusing isn't it? There's no real clarity as to why we're on there, hopefully it's a preliminary process. I got a 5,5,6 in the interview stage - your scores are amazing, I've everything crossed for you!
Thank you and so were yours!! They might have offered them to people who are already on the reserve list and people who have scored extremely well. So we have been successful but they recruit in order of merit so those who have done better get selected first and they work their way through in order. It's like a queue.. I could be totally wrong haha but I'm pretty sure it's like this fingers crossed for you too! X
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi everybody. I think I will ring H O in a ccouple of weeks I can't understand why they told me I was successful , offered me a position then put on a reserve list. I will let you all know.
That's so frustrating. I don't know why they'd do that and can't see any logic behind it! Definitely get in touch with them and ask. Hope everything goes well!
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's so frustrating. I don't know why they'd do that and can't see any logic behind it! Definitely get in touch with them and ask. Hope everything goes well!
Hi Haeebar90
Can I ask you what position you applied for. X
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Haeebar90
Can I ask you what position you applied for. X
Hey Lanzarote

I applied for the AO caseworker role in UKVI
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Haeebar90
Thank you for your reply Did the staff tell you that you was successful on the day? Kind regards
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Haeebar90
Thank you for your reply Did the staff tell you that you was successful on the day? Kind regards
Hi Lanzarote

I haven't been successful as of yet. I've been added to the reserve list.
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi ehty Did you finally get set on? I am a reserve list for Sheffield home office for a month :-)
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ehty)
Hi I've also applied for this post and already had my assessment done couple of weeks ago , they will give you case studies to read then you will have to answer the questions which I found pretty straight forward , make sure you read your case studies properly, after that they will let u know the results, I was successful at the assessment so they asked me to wait for the interview, but then they called me just after 5 mins for the interview , and to be honest interview wasn't difficult neither just the two very friendly interviwers who asked me the competency delivering at pace and only lasted less then 5 mins lol just be confident and don't panic , after the interview this guy took me back in the room then called me again after 2 mins to tell me that I was successful had to fill this form after that and they also copied my documents, I know they doing assessments till 21st of April so fingers crossed after that I hear some good news just be calm and positive on the day and try not to panic you will be fine then, hope it helps Good luck Ehty
Hi was you put on a reserve list?
Ehty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi was you put on a reserve list?
I was interviewed in March last year, after the interview they informed me that I was successful but then was placed on a reserve list , few months later somone called me and offered me the position but I've declined as by then I had already secured a EO position for HMRC , as long as u in the reserve list you will get a call at some point so you got to be very patient with Home office as the process can take forever, hope this answer your question.
Have a good weekend.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Ehty; 4 months ago
Lanzarote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you very much you have made me feel much better. You too have had good weekend. :-))
Haeebar90
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey guys

Has anyone received an update yet? I've been given a provisional offer yesterday via email. Fingers crossed for you all x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads