The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

DD102 PDF's

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm also starting the DD102 and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to let me know if there are extra materials required, such as books and dvds.I know there's a list provided in the box with the books but as I'm on a bit of a budget it would be great to space them out a bit before the course starts. Thank you!!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Twirlywoo
Hi everyone! Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm also starting the DD102 and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to let me know if there are extra materials required, such as books and dvds.I know there's a list provided in the box with the books but as I'm on a bit of a budget it would be great to space them out a bit before the course starts. Thank you!!

Nope - you will be sent everything you need.
Perfect!!

My sister started a course on the Humanities last year and she had a few books and dvds to get. They ended up being quite costly so I worried this course would be the same. Thanks for getting back to me 😊
Original post by Twirlywoo
Perfect!!

My sister started a course on the Humanities last year and she had a few books and dvds to get. They ended up being quite costly so I worried this course would be the same. Thanks for getting back to me 😊

Yeah, the stuff your sister bought wasn't actually necessary - most people on my module also bought them and we never used them in the end. :biggrin:
Hi, if you have any of your old notes and assignments I would really appreciate it, as need all the help I can get as struggling with it and getting very behind. 🙄
Reply 25
Could anyone who is kind enough also send me books about social sciences. I really love to study but don't have the penny. So may be self-study or deschooled studying will do. Thank you so much.
:u:
Oh babe any help you can pass onto me I'd be grateful ie notes and assignments let me see what I'm in for
Original post by SamBrainless
I'll be honest with you, you have to really love sociology. In my year, over half the group dropped out, some of them quitting uni completely. Some of the module is super boring. You'll spend a lot of time looking at City Road in Wales (I think it's wales) which you'll come to know so well you may as well live there. I had a really good tutor who gave great feedback and worked well with me. The assignments can be quite fun, but make sure you use a mix of online and book material. If you need help with any of the assignments at any point, just hmu, because I still have all my notes and assignments on my laptop :smile:
Reply 27
Do you still have this ?
(Original post by SamBrainless)I'll be honest with you, you have to really love sociology. In my year, over half the group dropped out, some of them quitting uni completely. Some of the module is super boring. You'll spend a lot of time looking at City Road in Wales (I think it's wales) which you'll come to know so well you may as well live there. I had a really good tutor who gave great feedback and worked well with me. The assignments can be quite fun, but make sure you use a mix of online and book material. If you need help with any of the assignments at any point, just hmu, because I still have all my notes and assignments on my laptop :smile:

OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ITS SO BORING. I thought maybe it was just me..glad to see that i am not alone, i am currently studying this module and it would be a great help, if you don't mind of course, sharing the notes..
Reply 29
I’m registered to start this module as my second module from October as part of my Criminology degree.

Quick Reply

Latest