1.83%
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This
(Original post by random_matt)
I would trust psychological research, not this muppet.
aaronramirezc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is not about the time, it is about what you do in the time! I did about 6 hours today and it was very well spent making essay plans for English Literature, past papers for maths and translations/essay plans for Spanish. It really depends on the person but for me working intensely over 8 hours is too much.
Pickled_Olive
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You really don't need to be doing 7 hours a day - if you are then you must revise a different way from me. Personally i think making your revision notes look all aesthetically pleasing and colourful is just tricking yourself into thinking you've done more work than you have. Yes it's satisfying but that doesn't necessarily mean that you learn anything. To actually learn you need to absorb the information, using quick notes and testing yourself. If you do this regularly you can do a past paper a day or a topic a day leading up to the exam which would probably take you 2-3 hours max. It's a much more laid back way of revising and works for last minute or early revisers. It's better for you mentally because your laid back pace won't make you all giddy before the exam and the less pressure on you the more you concentrate. Still if i were to revise last minute such as the day before i wouldn't take 7 hours, I would take 3 hours going through topics quickly and writing out keypoints, then spending 2 hours doing past paper questions on trickier topics to solidify my knowledge and relaxing the rest of the day occasionally testing my self on some questions on quizlet so i'm not stressed out
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My longest revision time was from 1:00 pm one day to 3:00 am the next day, with just a 15 minute dinner break. In the end I topped the class in the subject concerned by a comfortable margin of 12 points out of 60. That revision was followed by two straight 6 hour periods in the 2 days beforehand, also a 15 mins dinner break.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
7 hours/day is less than a 9-5 so i agree with him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.79%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.48%
No I am happy with my course choice (453)
58.83%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.9%

Watched Threads