The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not allowed to say :p:
Reply 2
my friend has gone for these and has had an interview ie scenario based what are his chances as he obtained his degree in work not uni
Reply 3
I went through the process last year before choosing the central departments on the FastStream.

It is very competitive, I believe they only take on about 5/6 trainees.
Reply 4
my friend went for a position in mod and did the online tests and the half day assessment which he passed and was then invited to a interview which was basically answering questions on a scenario. He said 80 were tested and only 30 pasted and interviewed. As he didnt go to uni would that mean he stands less fo a chance any infro would be appreciated
jludvig
my friend went for a position in mod and did the online tests and the half day assessment which he passed and was then invited to a interview which was basically answering questions on a scenario. He said 80 were tested and only 30 pasted and interviewed. As he didnt go to uni would that mean he stands less fo a chance any infro would be appreciated

just so you stop asking- once you get to interview stage (in most places) everyone has as good a chance as each other.
Reply 6
Incredibly competitive. Check out the Cabinet Office faststream report - it tells you how many applied, and how many failed at every stage. 4% of people applying for faststream were successful - and the GCHQ stream is much more competitive even than that!
Reply 7
duluoz84
and the GCHQ stream is much more competitive even than that!

There isn't a GCHQ stream...

if you want to coach applicants you'll need to swat up :P
Reply 8
Quady
There isn't a GCHQ stream...

if you want to coach applicants you'll need to swat up :P

Sure there is. Guess if you haven't found it, you're not the kind of person they're looking for. :P
Reply 9
duluoz84
Sure there is. Guess if you haven't found it, you're not the kind of person they're looking for. :P

Thats very true, im not one the the 3-4 they would take a year :P

Is it on the GCHQ and no longer branded fast stream but essentially the same scheme then?

Latest

Trending

Trending