Cat-ion
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Welcome!!!

Hi, welcome to my A Levels 'Grow Your Grades' Thread! I'm currently doing everything I can to motivate myself to revise for the upcoming A Level exams, and hopefully this will remind me to concentrate

I'm currently taking Maths, Chemistry and Physics, with the aim of doing as well as I can in each. I'm notorious for procrastinating, and i'm trying to stop doing so

Previous Grades:
Spoiler:
Show

GCSES: 2A* 9A 1B
AS: 2A (Maths 280UMS C1-100, C2-82, M1-98, EPQ)
Predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Chem, Physics)
Mocks: AAD (Maths, Chem Physics)
Aiming for: A*A*A* (Because why not )

UCAS choices:
Spoiler:
Show

Firm: Durham (Education/ Psychology)
Insurance: St Andrews

Thanks for reading/(following?), and hopefully i'll remember to update this regularly

Cat-ion
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.

Maths

Past Papers:

C3 Papers
Spoiler:
Show

29/03 (June 2012) 69/75 (90UMS A*)
02/04 (Jan 2013) 71/75 (95UMS A*)

C4 Papers
Spoiler:
Show

02/04 (June 2010) 57/75 (B)
02/04 (Jan 2011) 70/75 (A)

D1 Papers
Spoiler:
Show

05/04 (Jan 2012) 70/75 (A) 88UMS
05/04 (June 2012) (A) 92UMS

Cat-ion
Rep:

Chemistry

Past Papers:

Paper One
Spoiler:
Show

30/03 (2017) 45/90 (C)

Paper Two

Paper Three

Old Style Papers:

Unit One

Unit Two

Unit Four

Unit Five
Cat-ion
Rep:

Physics

Past Papers:

Paper One:

Paper Two:

Paper Three:

Old Style Papers:

Unit One

Spoiler:
Show

02/04 (June 2009) 51/70 (B)

Unit Two

Spoiler:
Show

02/04 (June 2009) 57/70 (A)

Unit Four

Unit Five
Cat-ion
Rep:
30/03

Started today by making a mind map for Physics (Turning Points - Discovery of the Electron). I'm hoping to use it to test myself, and gradually make it less and less detailed

Spoiler:
Show

I also did a Chemsitry (2017 new syllabus) past paper, and got 45/90 (C). A lot of work to do but I was able to understand where I went wrong - particular topics I need to focus on are Equilibria and Transition metals

Going to do an old syllabus unit one paper for physics tomorrow
Cat-ion
Rep:
02/04

So I had a bit of a change of plan on Saturday as I met up with some friends, and did the 2009 paper for physics yesterday instead Got an A (1 mark over the boundary) which i'm over the moon about

Today i've set myself a lot (1 C3 paper, 2 C4 papers and 1 physics unit 2 old syllabus paper) but i'm hopefully going to achieve it if I focus
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
good luck!! :dumbells:
btw, I love your username :love:
Cat-ion
Rep:
(Original post by nyxnko_)
good luck!! :dumbells:
btw, I love your username :love:
Thank you!!

Spoiler:
Show
couldn't resist the cute chemistry puns
Cat-ion
Rep:
02/04

Probably had my most productive day for a long time today. I did 4 past papers (C3 (A*), two C4 (B,A), Physics P1 (B, one mark off an A)) and am feeling really happy about the results

Had lots of chocolate which may have helped :giggle:

Going to do some turning points questions for physics tomorrow and a chemistry past paper
nyxnko_
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cat-ion)
Thank you!!

Spoiler:
Show
couldn't resist the cute chemistry puns
:lol: well done on those grades, btw.
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Congratulations on your past paper results, i'm sure all your hard work is going to pay off!

Keep up the good work :clap2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads