zara.star
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Compare the ways that negative feelings are presented in London and in on other poem

In both poems , London and the prelude William Blake and William wordsworth both present their poems by having a negative feelings . while ‘Blake ‘presents his feeling about how society is changing from the industrial revolution he still gives a negative impact and view whereas wordsworth is positive about nature in the first few stanzas and changes by having a Volta in line 21.

We can see that in London , Blake has a negative view from the way the poem is set out . the poem is set out by using an ABAB rhyme this could be suggesting that by having this could be indicating the way he is ‘wondering through London , the word wondering suggests he is unhappy with the ways London is . he used the quote “in every infant cry of fear “ Blake used this to suggest they way that even the new infants are being brought upon this world with bad influences from the industrial revolution . Because of the smoke that filled the air . he is suggesting that everywhere he goes whilst strolling thought even one is in despair and misery he is saying that no one can escape it . we can see this because Blake uses the word “ marks of weakness marks of woe ‘ this suggests that everyone’s faces are unhappy at this time in London . Blake is trying to get the message across that the people in charge have the power and are doing nothing to those who aren’t for example the working class “ near where the charted themes dose flow’ , this is highlighting the fact that the people power and even controlling the way the water is flowing and nature is .

In the prelude William wordsworth is having negative feelings about nature we can see this because after wordsworth was showing of his pride to how he adores nature he then hits the turning point and completely goes the wrong direction about how he feels about nature and has a negative view and shows his feeling across. we can see this because he says “ a huge peak , black and huge ‘ he uses this language here to show the darkening and threating ways he is feeling to this mountain . The feelings he is having is less confident and the experience is haunting him “by day and were a trouble to my dream “ The unsettling image helps us emphasize with him and the he contras to the tone and mood at the start
SmartMemoryGirl!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zara.star)
Compare the ways that negative feelings are presented in London and in on other poem

In both poems , London and the prelude William Blake and William wordsworth both present their poems by having a negative feelings . while ‘Blake ‘presents his feeling about how society is changing from the industrial revolution he still gives a negative impact and view whereas wordsworth is positive about nature in the first few stanzas and changes by having a Volta in line 21.

We can see that in London , Blake has a negative view from the way the poem is set out . the poem is set out by using an ABAB rhyme this could be suggesting that by having this could be indicating the way he is ‘wondering through London , the word wondering suggests he is unhappy with the ways London is . he used the quote “in every infant cry of fear “ Blake used this to suggest they way that even the new infants are being brought upon this world with bad influences from the industrial revolution . Because of the smoke that filled the air . he is suggesting that everywhere he goes whilst strolling thought even one is in despair and misery he is saying that no one can escape it . we can see this because Blake uses the word “ marks of weakness marks of woe ‘ this suggests that everyone’s faces are unhappy at this time in London . Blake is trying to get the message across that the people in charge have the power and are doing nothing to those who aren’t for example the working class “ near where the charted themes dose flow’ , this is highlighting the fact that the people power and even controlling the way the water is flowing and nature is .

In the prelude William wordsworth is having negative feelings about nature we can see this because after wordsworth was showing of his pride to how he adores nature he then hits the turning point and completely goes the wrong direction about how he feels about nature and has a negative view and shows his feeling across. we can see this because he says “ a huge peak , black and huge ‘ he uses this language here to show the darkening and threating ways he is feeling to this mountain . The feelings he is having is less confident and the experience is haunting him “by day and were a trouble to my dream “ The unsettling image helps us emphasize with him and the he contras to the tone and mood at the start
I would mark you 20/30. I think for the ABAB rhythm scheme you didn't describe it properly. Your explanation could go a lot deeper. E.g the quote"a huge peak, black and huge" the repetition of "huge" is a delay in the poem. This shows that the writer couldn't believe and he was so shocked that he was flabbergasted. The effect on the reader is that we get a small understanding of how impacting it was. I could include effect on reader more. You also need to use more subject terminology.Also embed quotes.
Candyqueen123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you need any help with English lit id be happy to grade some of your comparisons and essays I average out at around 27-30 in my essays ,just pm me if you do.
zara.star
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmartMemoryGirl!)
I would mark you 20/30. I think for the ABAB rhythm scheme you didn't describe it properly. Your explanation could go a lot deeper. E.g the quote"a huge peak, black and huge" the repetition of "huge" is a delay in the poem. This shows that the writer couldn't believe and he was so shocked that he was flabbergasted. The effect on the reader is that we get a small understanding of how impacting it was. I could include effect on reader more. You also need to use more subject terminology.Also embed quotes.
hello thank you so much for your reply . i will try and edit your feedback you gave me many thanks :>)
zara.star
Rep:
?
(Original post by Candyqueen123)
if you need any help with English lit id be happy to grade some of your comparisons and essays I average out at around 27-30 in my essays ,just pm me if you do.
hello that would be big thanks your so kind !
Candyqueen123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zara.star)
hello that would be big thanks your so kind !
it is fine, just pm me !
gemma-napolitano
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
gorn im
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?