Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I went on a wild night out last night and when I wiped this morning I had a small smear of bright red blood (from the front not the back end). I am 21 and impossible that I could be pregnant, I am currently ovulating, I’ve always had clockwork regular periods and I have never ever had any spotting/irregular bleeding, should I go to the doctors?
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I went on a wild night out last night and when I wiped this morning I had a small smear of bright red blood (from the front not the back end). I am 21 and impossible that I could be pregnant, I am currently ovulating, I’ve always had clockwork regular periods and I have never ever had any spotting/irregular bleeding, should I go to the doctors?
Are you on the pill? If so, how long have you been on it for? A common side effect of some pills is spotting.

What is the blood like too? If it is faint and red, it's more likely a common side effect. If it is very dark red I'd be more inclined to suggest seeing your GP.

Generally, keep an eye on it this easter weekend and note any changes i.e. darkening, regularity, and then if you opt to see a doctor after this Easter weekend, you will be able to raise the full details with him/her.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
Are you on the pill? If so, how long have you been on it for? A common side effect of some pills is spotting.

What is the blood like too? If it is faint and red, it's more likely a common side effect. If it is very dark red I'd be more inclined to suggest seeing your GP.

Generally, keep an eye on it this easter weekend and note any changes i.e. darkening, regularity, and then if you opt to see a doctor after this Easter weekend, you will be able to raise the full details with him/her.
Thank you for the reply, I’m not on any contraception and the blood looked bright like fresh blood.
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the reply, I’m not on any contraception and the blood looked bright like fresh blood.
It could be something minor like the effect of your menstruation in general. But, erring on the side of being cautious, I'd log how often this continues and how red it is if possible, and see your GP some time next week. In all likelihood it's probably nothing, and could just be hormones playing with you a bit - it's happened to me before, don't worry. I'd still see your GP though in case (I'm not a medically qualified professional hence why you should see your GP!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (7)
38.89%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (2)
11.11%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (1)
5.56%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (3)
16.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
11.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
16.67%

Watched Threads