GCSE Edexcel History (9-1) - Revise Edexcel vs. CGP?

Watch
PowerHotmail
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Exams begin in just over a month and I'm getting nervous on the effectiveness between the CGP revision guide and the Revise Edexcel revision guides.

The Revise Edexcel revision guides I have are very concise and much more condensed in comparison to the CGP one, which is full of lots of detail. For months I have been using the Revise Edexcel guide, have I handicapped myself in terms of trying to reach a grade 8/9?

I'm studying Medicine in Britain, British Sector on the Western Front, The American West, Early Elizabethan England and Weimar and Nazi Germany.
amyicarter02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm studying the exact same history course as you (medicine etc.) I have both the CGP and Revise Edexcel revision guides, and quite honestly I find them both useless. I got an 8 in my mocks in history and all I did was use class notes and online revision materials (such as revision booklets made by other schools) and I think that is a better way of revising if I'm honest. I like how the CGP revision guide has practice questions in it, but to be honest the actual guide itself I feel just has too much information on each page and isn't to the point, so it just gets boring to look at
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.27%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.68%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (129)
29.52%

Watched Threads