The Student Room Group

I don’t really know how to revise

I’m really worried for GCSEs, I started revising here and there since late March but now it’s Easter and I’m so worried, there’s so much I don’t know. I’m so annoyed at myself because I don’t really know how to revise effectively. I am aiming for high grades (7,8,9) and am especially worried for sciences and both English, does anybody have any advice for me? My subjects are:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
Biology, Chemistry and Physics
French
Geography
History
Music
I use the Cornell method for uni, unsure if you can apply it to GCSE. Spider charts are helpful, and use flashcards.
Try to revise one topic of 3 of your subjects each day maybe 4 subjects in the holidays and at the weekend, factoring in 15 minute breaks for every 40 minutes spent revising. It’s okay to do slightly less or more revision than this each night because some days will be more focused revision than others. Don’t just rewrite notes or make flash cards because they’re fairly useless as revision tactics, instead make posters or fact-files, find/make quizzes and use practice and past papers, maybe use mind maps if they work for you but don’t if they just end up messy or confusing. Hope this helps x
Reply 3
Original post by random_matt
I use the Cornell method for uni, unsure if you can apply it to GCSE. Spider charts are helpful, and use flashcards.

Thanks for suggesting this, it looks v useful!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by dramaqueen2805
Try to revise one topic of 3 of your subjects each day maybe 4 subjects in the holidays and at the weekend, factoring in 15 minute breaks for every 40 minutes spent revising. It’s okay to do slightly less or more revision than this each night because some days will be more focused revision than others. Don’t just rewrite notes or make flash cards because they’re fairly useless as revision tactics, instead make posters or fact-files, find/make quizzes and use practice and past papers, maybe use mind maps if they work for you but don’t if they just end up messy or confusing. Hope this helps x

Thank you so much for your long message! I’ll definitely try out this technique, I think it’s a good idea to break subjects down like that because I have a habit of trying to do everything at once. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending