Please helppp - english gcse literature 2018

Watch
coolio333
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need help revising GCSE English Lit.
My spec is Edexcel and I'm studying Romeo&Juliet, Animal Farm and a Christmas Carol. I'm struggling with revising Romeo&Juliet and how to remember all quotes,symbols,themes.. etc. Please help and give good revision types to get a 7!!!!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
flashcards for quotes, with a short analysis on one side in bullet points.
mindmaps are good for characters, and symbols.
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For Romeo and Juliet, try this free website. It was launched today and it's specific for Edexcel - https://app.senecalearning.com/class...3-e3c6b6b3dc16
coolio333
Rep:
?
(Original post by LarissaAlves)
For Romeo and Juliet, try this free website. It was launched today and it's specific for Edexcel - https://app.senecalearning.com/class...3-e3c6b6b3dc16
I made an account and everything but i wanted to know if it requires money to continue because its extremely helpful
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by coolio333)
I made an account and everything but i wanted to know if it requires money to continue because its extremely helpful
No money! It's free! That's why it's so good. Just go for it
coolio333
Rep:
?
(Original post by LarissaAlves)
No money! It's free! That's why it's so good. Just go for it
thank you SO much
annajpg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thank you SO much
Check Mr Bruff's youtube video I also bought his revision guides as ebooks very helpful, and i am a private candidate
MydaMina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've done my exam and I also did Animal Farm!
What I'd say to do is to first make mind maps on all of the main key characters and themes, e.g. snowball, Napoleon, Tyranny and Power, Propaganda etc.
Then attempt to summarise them all on separate revision cards absorbing the key information, so when it comes to the exam you can remember the key points then eventually all the knowledge will come!
Do loads of practice essays and exam questions they will seriously help, and mark them strictly!
I'd also advise getting an Animal Farm Workbook with multiple of questions for you to attempt!
Animal farm was usually the harder one for me, due to the many themes and getting the context correct as wel, and explaining the implicit meanings!
Good Luck!
ssa_x01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I need help revising GCSE English Lit.
My spec is Edexcel and I'm studying Romeo&Juliet, Animal Farm and a Christmas Carol. I'm struggling with revising Romeo&Juliet and how to remember all quotes,symbols,themes.. etc. Please help and give good revision types to get a 7!!!!
Make Revision Cards on each theme and link the characters and quotes relevant together. Also focus on your analysis, this is very important for securing a Grade 7. Do plenty of practise questions in exam style conditions and get your teacher to mark them. if you also still write in PEE paragraphs get rid of them and embed everything in your own academic structure. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads