Is it too late for applying to accommodations?

Watch
username2914474
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I made the mistake of thinking accommodations opened up at the beginning of this month so i'm already a month late. i want to go to Raleigh park but with Nottingham's accommodation chooser service i only have the options of self catered places or riverside. Direct to Raleigh parks website i can apply for a room there but i'm not sure if it works like that with the loans and everything.

I've sent an email to Nottingham but with the Easter weekend they wont get back until the 4th at the earliest.

Thanks!
tomnelson_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope not, my course only made me an offer two days ago which i presume was the same for everyone who applied. Bit unfair if all the good rooms are gone before many have a chance.
ia13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im pretty sure unis dont give accommodations on a first come first serve basis.. so i think youre fine!
username2914474
Rep:
?
(Original post by tomnelson_)
I hope not, my course only made me an offer two days ago which i presume was the same for everyone who applied. Bit unfair if all the good rooms are gone before many have a chance.
Yeah i get you, where are you thinking of going to because yours may still be open
username2914474
Rep:
?
(Original post by ia13)
im pretty sure unis dont give accommodations on a first come first serve basis.. so i think youre fine!
Yeah i think so too but on the accommodations office page the only ones available to click are the catered places
tomnelson_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was thinking Sports Zone - Ancaster, really i want to find someone else who has got an offer for physiotherapy and see where there going.

I can't even log in to the accommodation portal which is troublesome, i think its probably because i have only just accepted the offer though.
username2914474
Rep:
?
(Original post by tomnelson_)
I can't even log in to the accommodation portal which is troublesome, i think its probably because i have only just accepted the offer though.
No i am having the same problem too, it keeps telling me that there is no matching student data or something along those lines
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.derwentstudents.com/our-.../raleigh-park/

You could book Raleigh park directly through them, the university offers the accomodation but its also offered by a private company.

Further Raleigh park is all self catered, (slightly off campus)

If u want catered you need to apply for the Halls on jubilee campus itself, Newark halls and Southwell Halls.. Though there are only 600 beds and over 3000k students at jubilee. Minimum 700 business school freshers each year.

Also, Manor Villages and Nottingham Two offer private accomodation literally next to Raleigh park.

Nottingham two also offers Premium rooms.

Feel free to ask me as i study at Nottingham and live in Manor Villages.

Raleigh Park works with student loans, any place does... slc gives you the funds into your account and you then pay your landlord. However if u go overbudget (Nottingham two) you will need to pay extra.
username2914474
Rep:
?
Yeah i have created an account with Raleigh Park and applied for a place and they immediately came back with an offer and are asking for a £250 deposit to be paid by the 3rd April, plus the full amount they are asking for is £6324.00 when im only going for a standard + ensuite which in their website says is only £5456.00.

Something just doesn't feel right about it, things would be so much easier if it weren't easter weekend so there were some communication.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by technicallysound)
Yeah i have created an account with Raleigh Park and applied for a place and they immediately came back with an offer and are asking for a £250 deposit to be paid by the 3rd April, plus the full amount they are asking for is £6324.00 when im only going for a standard + ensuite which in their website says is only £5456.00.

Something just doesn't feel right about it, things would be so much easier if it weren't easter weekend so there were some communication.
Yea definitely speak with the office.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (23)
40.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (5)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (3)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (14)
24.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
12.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
8.77%

Watched Threads