amyicarter02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So we just got our mocks back that we did in February/March and I am extremely disappointed with my results. I got 3/4/5 in most of my papers (we completed both paper 1 and paper 2 for each science) and my targets are 7/8 in biology, chemistry and physics. I'm just wondering how everyone revises science? I feel like I just get stuck reading a revision guide or watching YouTube videos, which is what I did for mocks, and it obviously isn't working. Please someone help, because I really want to achieve my targets, I just struggle so much with science!!!
Goldenshark
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amyicarter02)
So we just got our mocks back that we did in February/March and I am extremely disappointed with my results. I got 3/4/5 in most of my papers (we completed both paper 1 and paper 2 for each science) and my targets are 7/8 in biology, chemistry and physics. I'm just wondering how everyone revises science? I feel like I just get stuck reading a revision guide or watching YouTube videos, which is what I did for mocks, and it obviously isn't working. Please someone help, because I really want to achieve my targets, I just struggle so much with science!!!
Make notes from the revision guide or videos. Just watching or reading doesn’t make you take it in, but writing it out does. Condensing the information will make it easier to digest. Once you have written out and learnt a topic, try all the exam questions in the revision guide, textbook or online. Exam technique is more important than ever in science, you can pick up major marks in the exams simply by using correct scientific terminology
idkthename
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suggest first doing a specimen paper for both papers ( 1 and 2)
Mark it
Find out what you got wrong
Note these topics down in your phone
When revising watch a video or two on the topic
While watching make notes as the person above said
Then read on the topic in the rev guide if you have
Then find some past paper questions on the topic(from online or rev guides)
Do them and mark
If you get some wrong redo process
Then do another specimen (should be 2 for each papet) and repeat whole process
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads