How to stop my mum finding out I lied? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I told my mum that my best friend is having a sleepover tonight but I'm actually going to a party as I'm not allowed to go to them and I really want to experience one. Now my mum wants my friends, mum's number. What should I do!?

Tl;dr lied to my mum, she might find out if I give her the number
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you need to become suddenly ill so you have to stay in bed.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Confess. She's probably sussed you anyway..
Bookaddict02
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how old are you?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t lie.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to deal with the consequences. Lying to your parents is one way of making them not trust you.
jim1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you've binned it mate
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I told my mum that my best friend is having a sleepover tonight but I'm actually going to a party as I'm not allowed to go to them and I really want to experience one. Now my mum wants my friends, mum's number. What should I do!?

you walk the streets in an area which is known for homeless people and you tell a homeless woman you will pay her £5 if she rings your mother pretending to be the other girls mother.

you obviously use a new sim to make the call

simples.
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have a friend that isn’t going to the party? If so, they are now your other friend’s mum. Give your mum her number and ask her to play along. It’s risky but it could work.

Try to stay out of photos, you don’t want any evidence. Things will probably go wrong but sometimes it’s worth the punishment.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cat_mac)
Do you have a friend that isn’t going to the party? If so, they are now your other friend’s mum. Give your mum her number and ask her to play along. It’s risky but it could work.

Try to stay out of photos, you don’t want any evidence. Things will probably go wrong but sometimes it’s worth the punishment.

The friend better have a hell of a voice

because most people can tell the difference between a childs voice and an adults voice....
ajayma
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Say no no one else texted and you’re to old for your mum to be texting her and say that’s embarrassing then say ok then I don’t even want to go if you’re gonna text her then hopefully your mum will say ok I’m not gonna text her.
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
The friend better have a hell of a voice

because most people can tell the difference between a childs voice and an adults voice....
I didn’t say it was a good plan :rofl:

My mum use to take numbers “just incase” so the chances of her calling were slim. If the mum wants to talk to the other mum then it’s much more difficult to pull off! Maybe 10-20% chance of success.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to a friends mum. One with low integrity. Explain the situation and ask her to lie on your behalf. Then give her number to your mum.

Be fully prepared to face the consequences for telling these lies.

A better overall option is to come clean and tell the truth on this and EVERYTHING in future to your mum. Earning her long term respect and trust in you is far more important than any short term gains like going on a night out - which might be totally inappropriate for your age.
crocodile_ears
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Either get your friends mum on your side, or give her a friends mobile number and have that friend pretend to be the mum.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
was fine guys, I gave her a friends number and they texted and it was fine. I went to the party, had loads of fun and got away with it!
hereforthereps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
was fine guys, I gave her a friends number and they texted and it was fine. I went to the party, had loads of fun and got away with it!
lmaoooo
was just going to offer to be the 'mum' for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (430)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.47%
No- I want it (211)
28.86%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.84%

Watched Threads