The Student Room Group

Do your parents open your mail?

My mail is open already before I even get it? Do your parents do this, is it normal?

Scroll to see replies

Incredibly rude. Tell your parents to piss off.
Original post by Esme6560
My mail is open already before I even get it? Do your parents do this, is it normal?

They shouldn't open anything addressed to you unless you've given them consent to do so.

Whilst I'm at uni, a lot of mail is still sent to my home address, so if it's from the bank of my work my mum texts me if she can open it, and if it's important she will post it to me. If it's something like a catalogue for a shop, she will open it because it's nothing special. But my mum or my dad wouldn't open anything without asking me first.
No considering it all goes to my student house. Even if it didn't my parent wouldn't open it
Reply 4
no i live with my parents and they dont open my mail and i dont open theirs
Nope, my parents respect my privacy
Parents are gone fam ygm. They once dared disrespect and now they be sleeping with the dolphins
Reply 7
no it's not normal, be jokes if u start opening theirs
Reply 8
up until the age of 12/13 they used to but now they don't. how old are you?
Original post by Gang Milk
Parents are gone fam ygm. They once dared disrespect and now they be sleeping with the dolphins

But in reality you are acc shook of them
Reply 10
I've told them not to, however they still do
I don't really get mail lmao

If I do it is from my bank so idc if they open it or not
Reply 12
Original post by chony
up until the age of 12/13 they used to but now they don't. how old are you?

I'm 19
Once they did that, I told them not to and they laughed. The next day, they did it again. Since then, I held all the post they received hostage until they agreed to not opening my post. My dad told me to stop messing around with his bills.

After unethical-negotiations (aka him threatening to beat me up if I don't handover the goods), the situation was resolved peacefully and since then, my mails are being opened by me, the rightful owner.
I'm 19

do you have to ask to go to the toilet?
Reply 15
I'm 19

yeah then thats really weird,you're an adult now
Reply 16
Original post by Sufyaan65
Once they did that, I told them not to and they laughed. The next day, they did it again. Since then, I held all the post they received hostage until they agreed to not opening my post. My dad told me to stop messing around with his bills.

After unethical-negotiations (aka him threatening to beat me up if I don't handover the goods), the situation was resolved peacefully and since then, my mails are being opened by me, the rightful owner.

They'd beat the **** out of me If I did that plus I can't since I am always at college when the mail comes. However that was a really great idea
Reply 17
Original post by chony
yeah then thats really weird,you're an adult now

I know that's what I told them, they don't let me have any privacy either they always come barging into my room
Reply 18
I know that's what I told them, they don't let me have any privacy either they always come barging into my room

yeah my dad still does that and it annoys the hell out of me. even worse is i always keep my room clean but he comes in looking for something, literally turns the entire room upside down and then just walks out expecting me to clean it. and when i don't he complains about why my room is always a 'mess'. have to bite my tongue so hard to stop me from swearing at him.
Reply 19
Original post by jim1999
do you have to ask to go to the toilet?

No lol 😂🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending