I think that firstly you need to figure out what distracts you. Is it social media (turn off your phone and/or laptop)? Those around you? (Find an isolated space like your room) Home distractions? (Go and revise at your public library on your own).
Also, you need to find out your revision style/ how you learn best. You may be a practical learner, or you may benefit from writing things over again.
Personally these are things that I do that help:
- Past exam papers (so you know where to improve) - Re- writing notes
- Anything colour coded (notes, mind-maps) - Placing post - it - notes around the house (on the fridge, bedroom walls).
I hope some of this helps and if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask
Does any one have any good tips on revision like i struggle to revise and get distraceted easily and my first GCSE is May 14th and im going to fail
2. Be optimistic- if you say you're going to fail, you will, but if you are thinking positively, then you will have more chance of success.
3. Use a range of revision methods, doing just one thing won't help. If you're reading a textbook and JUST that it's most likely not going to help. If you're reading a textbook AND doing some questions based on what you've just read, that'll be a lot more useful, you're not only trying to store the knowledge, you're actually applying it. I'd honestly also recommend looking at specimen/past papers for whatever subject you are revising.
4. Find out what type of learner you are- I'm a mix of auditory and visual, so things like videos help for me (e.g. mr bruff for english and that freesciencelessons guy) (http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml)
5. Teach your knowledge to others- if you do this it'll help you to remember things more and it will help them too.
6. Revise in small chunks rather than big 7 hour long periods
7. If you don't know WHAT to revise, ask your teachers for some resources- they want to help you to succeed
8. Only revise when you are in the right mindset- if you're having a crappy day then don't feel like you NEED to revise- that won't help you
9. Put you first- if you're not sleeping bc of revision or stressing yourself out over it, that's a sign you need to stop for the time being and take some time to think about you )