The Student Room Group

Is AAC for AS grades good?

That’s what i think i’m going to get in my actual exams. These grades i will have to use for my application to university
Push for AAB because AAC is just really awkward.
Reply 2
You can’t get A*s at AS
Reply 3
Original post by Bill Nye

Is it possible to change a C to an A in A2? Or can it only go up to a B?
Original post by Bill Nye

Agreed^^^, although AA is good, that C can potentially prevent you from applying to certain courses/unis or put off some unis from giving you an offer. It does depend on what course you want to apply to, but generally to be on the safe side, AAB is better as grade requirements are usually only one grade apart rather than two.
AAC apply to Oxbridge.
Reply 6
Original post by Realitysreflexx
AAC apply to Oxbridge.

They would never accept my C. Them and Cambridge have ridiculously high entry requirements. Plus, i have only 5 gcses with no A grades.
Reply 7
There are other factors that could be considered too when applying for uni. For example, depending on how bad your school is, you could get reduced requirements. My school was in 'special measures' (ofsted) 4 years running and one of my friends got onto a course (AAA) at Warwick with BBC because the teaching was considered substandard. But if you go to a decent school, reduced offers are probably unlikely. Still, AAC is pretty good compared to the average student and probably good enough to get you into a top 20 uni, depending on course.
Original post by Anonymous
Is it possible to change a C to an A in A2? Or can it only go up to a B?

Depends how much work you put in
Original post by Anonymous
They would never accept my C. Them and Cambridge have ridiculously high entry requirements. Plus, i have only 5 gcses with no A grades.

Sarcasm,

Though if you realistic you can go to plently of good universities....

Depending on subject choice.....

Engineering at a Russell group would be hard but more realistic courses,

Like Humanities you should get decent offers.

Maybe business in a few lesser universities. Liverpool or something like Cardiff, New Castle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending