The Student Room Group

Do you get alcohol comedowns?

Every time I’m out and drink loads the next day I seem to get really bad comedowns - I feel horrid and feel very down about myself. I question myself and the point of my life and start crying. It just normally lasts the day after for me. Does anyone else experience this???
it’s all part of the hangover experience i’m afraid!
Yes this is what happens when you binge drink...
Reply 3
Thankfully, I don't get any symptoms, although I suppose my tolerance is a lot higher.

Alcohol is a depressant, but it does act as a stimulant in small quantities.
Reply 4
How much alcohol do y’all drink when you’re out then?
Original post by Anonymous
How much alcohol do y’all drink when you’re out then?

depends how i’m feeling and what i’m in the middle for or what i think i can handle.

i don’t really count or monitor even though i probably should.

i probably drink a few vodka cokes and do some shots and jäger bombs
Original post by Anonymous
depends how i’m feeling and what i’m in the middle for or what i think i can handle.

i don’t really count or monitor even though i probably should.

i probably drink a few vodka cokes and do some shots and jäger bombs

i meant to say: what i’m in the mood for lol
I don’t drink so I actually don’t know why I’m here as it’s not like I could offer you good advice 🤣🤣
But maybe drink less or just do some exercise or something the day after and then tell me if it actually helped you 🤨🌸
Alcohol is a depressant, but it's a nervous system depressant rather than making you feel depressed

Every drug has a comedown if you consume large quantities in a short space of time
"comedown" is for drugs
and hangovers are for alcohol
Original post by sammie_98
"comedown" is for drugs
and hangovers are for alcohol

Alcohol is a drug
Yes, that’s why I stopped drinking.

It’s not the reason I give when asked though, I’m “on pain killers”, driving when I could easily have got a cab, or “have to be up early”.
False. Alcohol is a drug.

Quick Reply