?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He was just someone from my course lol
What course were you taking?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
I dont understand- how can you NOT talk to him? Did you just leave is course? Did he move towns? Cant you get his number?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #5
Report 7 months ago
Constantly keep thinking about this one guy from uni who I've never even spoken to. It's getting on my nerves, I've tried everything to stop thinking about him: studying, binge watching Netflix, going out and for aff sake, nothing is working!?

I can't get a moment of peace without him just popping up in my head. If I force myself to not think about him, he flipping shows up in my dreams.

What do I do!? Speaking to him is out of the question, I can't see him again, uni is done and I wanna concentrate on exams. Help me, pls.
Obsession is always caused by fantasy.
The fantasy has taken over your mind
I suggest you explore what purpose the fantasy has. eg Is it stopping you from feeling lonely?

Suggest you do some voluntary work. Help someone else. That will focus your mind off your non existent relationship...
Edinam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Constantly keep thinking about this one guy from uni who I've never even spoken to. It's getting on my nerves, I've tried everything to stop thinking about him: studying, binge watching Netflix, going out and for aff sake, nothing is working!?

I can't get a moment of peace without him just popping up in my head. If I force myself to not think about him, he flipping shows up in my dreams.

What do I do!? Speaking to him is out of the question, I can't see him again, uni is done and I wanna concentrate on exams. Help me, pls.
Bring yourself to the knowledge that there is a purpose for which you are in school. That might help you face your studies and put him aside for a while. Aside that, you can do things that engage you completely and make you happy. It will take all your time and thinking space, leaving no room to think about him. That way, you will be so exhausted by nightfall, you might not even remember seeing him in your dreams. If these do not help, you may want to speak to a counselor...
ALYAMAANI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

I did a little google research on this and I believe what you’re experiencing is infatuation. It’s a temporary feeling of passion towards another individual. Mainly it’s because you’ve put this person on a pedestal and you think highly of them without knowing who they are. You’re only judging them by superficial things such as the way they talk, walk, laugh, look etc. We connect with people by their goals, hopes, believes etc.

Think about it rationally, you know very little about this individual but yet you have strong emotions towards them. Perhaps if you just had a basic conversation with them you’d identify little things that you dislike (personality or physical). With time the attachment to him will subside, it my take a few days to a few months depending on you. Eventually it will get better.

P.s. falling in ‘love’ with someone without knowing them can be dangerous.
Loki-87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It’s not a nice feeling, I know only too well at present hence being here!

I’ll say that Scorpios’ advice is what i would agree with most and is what I will be trying myself 👍
Lbryant2014
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

In my opinion girl... go after him when exams are over they say this world is small and you will meet him again. If you know his name see if you can search him up ask other people you went to uni with i mean focus on your exams but if you are still into him go for it i mean what could go wrong? rejection? i mean you never know he might like you back or might want to be friends
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm sorry you are obsessing about me. It's tough bein' this hot.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
This thread will nearly be a year old soon but those who asked I'm in second year comp sci now and no I still have feelings for this guy and I think he lowkey knows I stare at him but he underestimates himself

Anyway, fast forward a year and ig I've met new ppl cos I have more crushes now so not very loyal anymore smh

if nothing is working: find a new crush (u need to force yourself to like someone else even if u don't wanna) and you will get over your crush slowly - time heals
Anonymous #6
Report 5 months ago
Life is short.when I was younger.i was the same.if you like hi. Smile.at him.approach him.Make it small chat first.if don't try your never no.He could feel them same about you.IFhe present threes plenty more fish in the see.GOOD luck if you dont do anything.your never no.
sonascar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How long till the feeling is gone?cuz its been a loonnnnggggg time.
sonascar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

I'm sorry to say that the feeling doesn't go away.it stays. Its been 3 years for me now. But its possible to get distracted. You just find yourself thinking about how pathetic you are cuz u literally CAN NOT think of anything else. Nothing helps and there's always the want to go back and change something. I find dreaming easy. Dreaming about a world he's in makes you feel like his presence is still there. But do delay this as much as possible and try not to do it too much. Because it eventually becomes a life your jealous of. I know its unbearable but you just have to put on a brave face and stay strong. Don't let him affect you. I mean you never talked to him right? So the connection you feel towards him is probably less. Try this- Every time you think of him, think of him as really ugly, add your most hated things to his personality. Change your perception of him. It should be easy if you don't know much about him. Its harder for me because I spent 6 years learning stuff with this guy and I sat next to him every day. Actually I ran into him a few weeks ago. It was him, no doubt about it and I couldn't say anything. I just had to walk right past him. It was so fricking hard! but necessary. I hope you get over it.
Angelscorner
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m Christian, so I believe that praying and speaking to the Holy Spirit is important,but you’re not Christian, that’s cool. Instead I would maybe speak to someone like a school counsellor, a trusted friend or anyone who wouldn’t make fun of you. That way you are sharing this problem with others and freeing your mind and hopefully getting support. Hope this helps
Shara101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

Draw his face and mount it onto a dartboard, or just punch the picture. If you realy want to you can just talk to him.
Anam Salman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Firstly u should tell that he is ur class mate or uni fellow?
I think u should start talk to him.Firstly just say hello whenever u see him and it will help u to attain ur confidence...Just keep in mind he is not a beast so u can freely or easily talk to him.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by sonascar)
I'm sorry to say that the feeling doesn't go away.it stays. Its been 3 years for me now. But its possible to get distracted. You just find yourself thinking about how pathetic you are cuz u literally CAN NOT think of anything else. Nothing helps and there's always the want to go back and change something. I find dreaming easy. Dreaming about a world he's in makes you feel like his presence is still there. But do delay this as much as possible and try not to do it too much. Because it eventually becomes a life your jealous of. I know its unbearable but you just have to put on a brave face and stay strong. Don't let him affect you. I mean you never talked to him right? So the connection you feel towards him is probably less. Try this- Every time you think of him, think of him as really ugly, add your most hated things to his personality. Change your perception of him. It should be easy if you don't know much about him. Its harder for me because I spent 6 years learning stuff with this guy and I sat next to him every day. Actually I ran into him a few weeks ago. It was him, no doubt about it and I couldn't say anything. I just had to walk right past him. It was so fricking hard! but necessary. I hope you get over it.
It seems you guys were actually really close; did he just ignore you or did u pretend not to see him or something? dw as time progresses I am sure you will find someone 10000x better

I've learnt that stuff like this can be fun and to just go with the flow. I am trying to stop taking my life so damn seriously by obsessing over one guy.
MidgetFever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have the same problem, its been happening for about a year now and it's driving me mental. You're not alone.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anam Salman)
Firstly u should tell that he is ur class mate or uni fellow?
I think u should start talk to him.Firstly just say hello whenever u see him and it will help u to attain ur confidence...Just keep in mind he is not a beast so u can freely or easily talk to him.
Someone from my course at uni

Trust me, I am beyond confident lol but not near this guy; I can't even make eye contact with him anymore - internally feel guilty for ever crushing on him. I am close to one of his friends atm but every time me and his friend talk, all he talks about is my crush and how smart he is etc (just always puts in a good word about him); this friend is the reason I have to be around my crush a bit more; however, I still haven't spoke to my crush apart from SORRY and THANK YOU jesus christ gonna kms

I just don't want to get to know any of the guys on my course anymore lol (hopefully will get through exams and then third year and never have to talk to people again)
Lee Lily
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
join into a public welfare association. you will feel good and ignore him when you try to help others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed