Missing someone i dont talk to Watch

Mohsi17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I had this problem before and I talked to my family and friends. They suggested that I go to speak to a counsellor or something. I listen to music while going out for walks and that totally relaxes me. Anything else I can help with then just dm me
Pesto123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Constantly keep thinking about this one guy from uni who I've never even spoken to. It's getting on my nerves, I've tried everything to stop thinking about him: studying, binge watching Netflix, going out and for aff sake, nothing is working!?

I can't get a moment of peace without him just popping up in my head. If I force myself to not think about him, he flipping shows up in my dreams.

What do I do!? Speaking to him is out of the question, I can't see him again, uni is done and I wanna concentrate on exams. Help me, pls.
Try to find him on socials, ask any friends from uni if they know how to contact him. In my opinion, talking to him will help, I've been in a situation like this before, and now I'm dating him, so... take my word for it
=))
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if u have any friend from that uni who might know him, get in contact with him.

good luck =)
mlloyd1997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Dear anonymous, I am sorry to read about your feelings and your obvious distress. And I don’t know whether any one has suggested this but you could see a therapist. The pain is not physical, like a broken arm, it is mental. I’m not saying it’s not real, I have been there myself, and it sure hurts and the pain and worry become very real.
But it is an emotion and emotions come from the mind. One way of treating that is with medication, the other is through a talking therapy. Your doctor will know that and be able to advise you.
Maybe your college has student advisors with whom you can speak in confidence. You will not be surprised to discover, it you haven’t already, that love pain infatuation anxiety does happen to lots of people.
Regards Mike
Constantly keep thinking about this one guy from uni who I've never even spoken to. It's getting on my nerves, I've tried everything to stop thinking about him: studying, binge watching Netflix, going out and for aff sake, nothing is working!?

I can't get a moment of peace without him just popping up in my head. If I force myself to not think about him, he flipping shows up in my dreams.

What do I do!? Speaking to him is out of the question, I can't see him again, uni is done and I wanna concentrate on exams. Help me, pls.
X_gracyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

I know this feeling and it sucks tbh. It's hard, but you'll get over it dont worry.
lolipop2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

just go and talk to him
Partie partie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Send him a message somehow. Tell him. Why not? I am assuming you fancy him in some way and that it's not just a random thing. Stop hiding behind the sofa.

ODSOG
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

So you have two options;
1) Wait for it to wither away, while you are doing that, it might be a good question to ask what exactly comes into your mind?
Your mind might be telling you something and it might not be about the boy. Do you get an image of him or something that reminds you of him? and have you ever had an encounter with this individual? If so, what was it like or what did you say to him?

2) Please don't take this as direct instructions, just an opinion, you could just look him up on Facebook and get in touch with him.

The mind is a strange thing
Anonymous #7
Report 4 weeks ago
Okay i feel you so bad on this. I literally had a dream about him last night. I dont know why i cant stop thinking about him. Ngl its been going on for 4 years now so i cant even say it will wither away. Im just making it worse arent i sorry 😑. Hopefully yours wont be as bad as mine. Its not that i even want to talk to him again or anything but i do really miss him. I guess the best thing to do would be to try and get to know other guys or whenever you think of him distract yourself with tv shows or whatever thats what i do. I can say it did go away when i was dating this guy for a few months but came back after that so thats why im thinking you should talk to guys. But yh im in the same situation
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
Don’t want to dampen anyone's ardour but in this instance there is him, and there is what you are imagining him to be. One is reality; the other, the one in your head, are stories you are making up about him. Yes, chemistry, however one sided, matters, but not in fantasy. Anyway no other person can make you whole but you, yourself. You will meet someone, no one says it can’t be him, but how much more fulfilling after achieving some of your own goals, and having the confidence and sense of self. Well, that’s what I would have told my younger self, and no one did, or if anyone did, I didn’t hear. Try a little meditation? Someone suggested exercise. Something to empty the mind of stories.
Anonymous #9
Report 3 days ago

There isn’t much you can do to be honest try moving on and focus on studying the future awaits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed